Duplicate events imported from Google Calendar – me too!

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Duplicate events imported from Google Calendar – me too!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Eric DenBraber
    Participant

Hi, I’m experiencing this same import duplicate events issue as noted by the previous poster.

Events plugin version 4.5.9

I too have followed the directions as noted (e.g. Override on import). I can share site links as needed. Help? Thanks

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/duplicate-events-from-google-calenar/

Courtney

Hi Eric

I’m sorry this is happening. We are working to narrow down exactly what is causing this issue. In the meantime, there are a few options we can try to resolve this would help us narrow this down faster.

Would you mind enabling WP_DEBUG and sharing any PHP errors you see while navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket?

Once you share your WP_DEBUG findings, we may be able to get an idea of any plugin or theme conflicts.

Please enable WP_DEBUG on your site. You’ll need to edit to your site’s wp-config.php file and change this line of code: define('WP_DEBUG', false); to this: define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    (or add this line of code if you can’t find mention of ‘WP_DEBUG’ in your wp-config.php file)

If any errors do appear while navigating your site’s pages, please copy and paste them in their entirety into a new ticket reply — along with the URL of where you saw the error(s) — and make sure you set it as a Private reply.

===

If you don’t see any WP_DEBUG messages while browsing your site, could you try temporarily activating the default Twenty Fifteen theme, and seeing if the issue persists.

If disabling the theme fixes it, we have narrowed the issue down to a theme conflict. Do you have any theme overrides for the Events Calendar? If so could you try disabling them by renaming your [themename]/tribe-events/ folder to ‘tribe-events-bak’. Did that fix it?

If the issue persists in the default Twenty Fifteen theme, then we have a different set of debugging steps. Please keep the Twenty Fifteen theme enabled, and also disable any plugins other than the ones from Modern Tribe to see if that fixes it. If it does, please try re-enabling the plugins one at a time until the issue resurfaces. When it does resurface, can you let me know which plugin caused that to happen?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Ryan Weckerly
    Participant

I am not seeing any errors, I know have nearly 200 events piling up on a single day. I can not temporarily activate another them as this is a live site. This is a multisite install and this is happening to 8 different calendars.

You mentioned that there are numerous threads reporting the same issue. This would lead one to believe that it is a plugin malfunction and not a plugin/theme conflict as the chance that all these users have the same plugin/theme conflict would be highly unlikely.

Any help would be appreciated.

Courtney

Hi Eric & Ryan

We can now confirm and are aware of this bug, and are very sorry this is happening to quite a few users. We have what we believe is the fix, we expect it to ship soon. We will notify you here as soon as that is available.

Thanks
    Courtney ?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 7 August 2017) is out, along with some Event Aggregator server improvements and fixes that solves this issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-7-august-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Eric DenBraber
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the updated version. I can report progress.

However, one event continues to import a duplicate copy even though the original event only exists once a week in the source Google Calendar.

Next step? Thanks

Eric DenBraber
    Participant

By the way, other events fail to import. These events appear to have “,” or “/” characters in their title in Google Calendar. Thanks for your help.

Courtney

Hi Eric

I’d like to test this further. Can you provide me with the Google Calendar link, and let me know if it has the punctuation marks in it?

Do the events failing to import display initially in the preview?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Eric DenBraber
    Participant

This reply is private.

Courtney

This reply is private.

Eric DenBraber
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Eric DenBraber. Reason: Added link the export of wp_posts table
    Courtney

This reply is private.

Cliff

Hi, Eric. We recently deployed some fixes to the app server the processes all the Event Aggregator requests.

Are you still experiencing this bug? If yes, is it exactly as before or maybe at all different?

Please note that threads get Closed automatically after a couple weeks of inactivity. If it does get Closed, please open a new thread, adding your current problem description and also linking back to this thread.

Thank you!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicate events imported from Google Calendar – me too!’ is closed to new replies.