Duplicate events being created from google import

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Duplicate events being created from google import

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Freng
    Participant

Hello,

I’m working with a church who has a giant google calendar. They have many recurring events each week on various days in addition to the other one-off events. When I clean out my install and import from google, I always get duplicate entries. There is no rhyme or reason to this that I can figure out.

I do a fresh import and I get 745 newly created and 7 updated according to the import. When I look at the Events dashboard, however, there are 817 total events with 619 belonging to me. Why are there any updated when I’m doing a first-time import (after using many plugins to make sure all old data is deleted, bulk delete/rvg database optimize). Why is there a different number from what hte importer said it imported? Why are there duplicates? The duplicates also DON’T have a user assigned to them. This is how I can easily find the duplicates. The duplicates only happen with recurring events.

How can I get this import to actually work?

Thanks,
    Ryan

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for reaching out, I’m happy to help out here!

I think you may be able to use our recurring events cleanup tool here to help with this. Let me know if that works, and if not, we’ll work from there to resolve this. 🙂

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Ryan Freng
    Participant

Hi Shelby,

Unfortunately, this client doesn’t have PRO since they don’t need those features. They do events in Google Calendar and import. What is another way to attack this issue?

Thanks,
    Ryan

Shelby
    Participant

Hey Ryan,

Thanks for clarifying! 🙂

I think I know what may be going on! Can you check out the “Event Authority” setting (shown in this documentation under “Editing Events”),  which you can find under Events → Settings→ Imports ? 

You may need to switch to the “Do not re-import events”

Let me know how that goes!

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Ryan Freng
    Participant

Hi Shelby,

The client uses Google Calendar as their master for events so I need to be able to overwrite local events when they change in the Google Calendar. This is why ‘Import events but preserve local changes to event fields.’ Is a must!

The duplicates happen on the first import too. So it shouldn’t be an issue of update authority, should it?

Here’s what I’m doing:

1. Clear events
    2. Run purge plugins
    3. Delete event aggregator import settings
    4. Create new import
    5. Run import once

It’s at this initialization point that I’m getting duplicates.

Shelby
    Participant

Hey Ryan,

After some more investigation, I realized that this is related to a bug that was recently documented in our system.  I’m going to go ahead and associate this thread with the bug report so that you’ll get updates as we make progress on this one. Just some background info, this fix is currently marked as “complete” meaning that it should be included in one of the next few releases, so long as it passes the necessary testing. 🙂

Let me know if there’s anything else I can do for you here!

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Ryan Freng
    Participant

Sweet! Do you have an ETA for this?

Thanks,
    Ryan

Barry

Hi Ryan,

The fix already went out … can you confirm you are using the latest versions of The Events Calendar and that you are still experiencing the problem?

Thanks!

Ryan Freng
    Participant

I just updated. I’ll report back tomorrow after the scheduled import runs.

Thanks,
    Ryan

Ryan Freng
    Participant

This reply is private.

Ryan Freng
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Ryan Freng
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan!

Thanks for following up with this.

Good to hear it’s now working in one of your sites.

Regarding the school site, we didn’t get the screenshots of the history of each imports. Could you please share with us the import URL for the imports you are having issues with?

Also, when on the history tab, please hover over the red exclamation mark and let us know the error message it shows.

Thanks,
    Victor

Ryan Freng
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicate events being created from google import’ is closed to new replies.