Duplicate events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Duplicate events

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

We continue to have the same issue as described in this post: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/duplicate-events-6/

See: http://themeteor.co.nz/events/list/?action=tribe_list&tribe_paged=1&tribe_event_display=past

I created a test site with no plugins except for yours and the problem is not replicated. So I guess a conflict with another plugin?

Test site: http://carolineelisa.com/facebookeventtest/events/list/?action=tribe_list&tribe_paged=1&tribe_event_display=past

Here is the list of plugins we are using on the live site:

Advanced Custom Fields Pro
    Autolink URI
    BackUpWordPress Backup Plugin
    Enable Media Replace
    Event Rocket
    External Links
    Google Analytics by Yoast
    Members
    mobble
    Quick Page/Post Redirect Plugin
    Responsive Lightbox
    Simple Custom Post Order
    The Events Calendar
    The Events Calendar: Facebook Events
    The Events Calendar PRO
    Wordfence Security
    Wufoo Shortcode Plugin

Could one of these be causing the issue? Or might it be the theme?

George
    Participant

Hey Caroline,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I’m sorry you’ve run into this odd problem on your site. I appreciate you testing on a fresh site with plugins deactivated, as it seems to be the most revealing and valuable piece of evidence here:

I created a test site with no plugins except for yours and the problem is not replicated. So I guess a conflict with another plugin?

That does, indeed, mean this is from a conflict with another plugin.

Unfortunately, the best/only way to filter out which plugin is the conflicting one is the process of deactivating each plugin on your site one at a time.

You should leave the Events Calendar itself active, of course, but basically, run through these steps:

1. Deactivate the first plugin in that list you provided above.
    2. Once deactivated, go try to make a new event and see if the problem with duplication occurs.
    3. If not, then this plugin is the culprit – stop your testing, let us know the plugin, and we can try to take further action from there.
    4. If the duplication problem does still occur, then cross the plugin off the list and move on to the next one.

Repeat this process until you find the offending plugin. If you get to the point where The Events Calendar is the only plugin left active, and you still have the duplication problem, then leave your site in this state, and activate a default theme like Twenty Twelve or Twenty Fifteen. Once this theme is activated, try to create a new event and see if the problem with duplication still occurs.

These steps may seem tedious, but fortunately they’re quicker to go through than they seem. It shouldn’t take more than a few minutes all told.

Let us know if you can do these steps, and if so, what you find.

Thank you!
    George

P.s. I am getting ‘504 Gateway Time-out’ errors every now and then when using WordPress. Could it be a connectivity issue that leads to the duplicate events?

Thanks
    Caroline

Hi George,

Unfortunately, this will take much more than a few minutes as the problem does not occur at the moment the event is created. Instead, some time after the event is created in facebook, it is getting imported over and over again.

Has no other customer had a similar problem? Do you think it could be a serve connectivity issue?

Thanks
    Caroline

Derek Pennycook
    Participant

I have just purchased the Facebook Events plugin which is great apart from it creating duplicate events

can you help?

http://www.dgwgo.com/events/?action=tribe_photo&tribe_paged=5&tribe_event_display=photo&tribeHideRecurrence=1

Hi Derek,

Sounds like we have the same issue! Are you using any of the following plugins?:

Advanced Custom Fields Pro
    Autolink URI
    BackUpWordPress Backup Plugin
    Enable Media Replace
    Event Rocket
    External Links
    Google Analytics by Yoast
    Members
    mobble
    Quick Page/Post Redirect Plugin
    Responsive Lightbox
    Simple Custom Post Order
    The Events Calendar
    The Events Calendar PRO
    Wordfence Security
    Wufoo Shortcode Plugin

Derek Pennycook
    Participant

Hi Caroline,

Thanks for your reply

These are the only plugins we share –

The Events Calendar
    The Events Calendar PRO

George
    Participant

Hi Caroline (and Derek),

The connectivity issues you described could be at play here, for sure.

However, even though you mention not being able to do those steps right away, unfortunately those are still the most vital steps for us to start with here.

Derek – can you run through the same process I described to Caroline above? Regardless of what plugins you have installed on your site, it’s worth going through those steps (which include your theme, as well).

Thank you both for your patience with this process, let us know what you find!

— George

Thanks George.

I just opened up my local version (exact copy of live in terms of plugins and theme) and the events are not being duplicated.

On my test install, using twentyfifteen, most of the same plugins are already active (and have been for weeks). As you suggest, I will try and activate the other plugins one at a time to see if the problem appears on the test version.

George
    Participant

Thanks, keep us posted!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicate events’ is closed to new replies.