Duplicate events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Duplicate events

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

We have a whole bunch of duplicate events on our site, all linking to the same Facebook event: http://themeteor.co.nz/events/list/?action=tribe_list&tribe_paged=1&tribe_event_display=past

We have the plugin set to auto import hourly.

What might have caused this?

Barry

Hi Caroline,

I’m sorry you’ve bumped up against some difficulties here. That’s pretty puzzling and I am unsure what might have caused this.

Sometimes it appears as if the same event has been imported but in fact they are distinct entities on Facebook with subtle differences like different owners … that said, judging by the Facebook IDs I see on the pages you linked to, that doesn’t appear to be the case here.

Ordinarily our plugin will run some queries to determine if an event has already been imported – should other plugins interfere with this process (some target and modify queries from other plugins), however, then it may have failed to detect that the events were already present.

I’m wondering two things at this point:

• Is this a general problem that is occurring frequently, or has it only ever cropped up in relation to this particular event?
    • Might you have a test site where you can try this again (but without any plugins other than our own and only a default theme running) just to try and iron out the possibility of a conflict?

Thanks!

Barry

Hi!

It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

• Need help with anything else? Go right ahead and post a new topic, one of the team will be only too happy to help
    • Still need help with this issue and need to re-open it? Again, please simply create a new topic and link to this one to provide the team with some context

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicate events’ is closed to new replies.