Duplicate Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Duplicate Events

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ryan
    Participant

Hello,

I recently created a website for my school’s student association using a WordPress theme that recommended your plugin, The Events Calendar. After setting it up, I wanted to integrate our current Calendar into The Events Calendar on the WordPress site. Currently, many students and the administration use a third-party calendar application called CalendarWiz.

My goal is to slowly ween off of CalendarWiz to our website / The Events Calendar, however, this transition has to be somewhat progressive (as some people are still dependent on CalendarWiz and haven’t been taught WordPress / The Events Calendar). Therefore, I downloaded the iCal Importer to pull the events from CalendarWiz that some of these people continue to add. It is set to a recurring import.

I noticed, however, that when events are changed (say, an event time has changed) or an event is deleted AFTER it has been imported with the iCal importer from CalendarWiz… that these changes are NOT reflected in The Events Calendar… it adds the event from the import, then duplicates the event for a changed time, and does not erase the old “incorrect time” event if it had already been imported.

Basically, I need exactly the events shown in CalendarWiz to be reflected in The Events Calendar, without duplicates or events that are no longer in existence, especially while I still have to instruct many people on how to use the new system, The Events Calendar (assuming we move to this). Is this functionality built in, have I just not found it, or is this not the plugin I thought it was?

Thanks,

Chris

George
    Participant

Hey @Ryan/Chris,

Thanks for reaching out! What you describe is unfortunately a limitation of our plugins at this time—the iCal Importer imports event from a source. But it does not currently “watch” that source for any changes that have happened on pre-existing and pre-imported content. There’s technically no way to do this, really, in most cases.

We try to catch for such changes, prevent duplicates where possible, and are constantly working on this, but currently there is no continuous-synchronization sort of feature that is as completely developed as would be ideal here.

In the meantime, to help me get a sense of your site and see if I can recommend things to improve the behavior, can you post your site’s “System Information”? Here’s how to do that → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Thank you,
    George

Ryan
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 12 months ago by Ryan. Reason: Adding my name so he knows who is responding
    George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicate Events’ is closed to new replies.