Duplicate Default Organizer on Add Events page

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Duplicate Default Organizer on Add Events page

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mackie
    Participant

I’m still having a problem that I’m pretty sure is a bug with the Community Events plugin. I posted a month or so ago, but the thread is closed now:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/duplicate-organizer-fields-cant-add-new-organizer/#post-1229830

I believe I figured out how to reproduce the problem now…

THE PROBLEM:
    – In Community Events, under “Submit an Event” page, under Organizer Details, TWO ROWS show up as default organizers.

See screenshot: https://www.evernote.com/l/AAaq4KDPFMhC3ofnG3mKCdDzCODuPkTMnCo

I think what’s happening is the template for adding a community event is pulling in the Default Organizer TWICE. This only happens if you set the default organizer in both of these places:

1) Events > Settings > Default Content > Default Organizer
    2) Events > Settings > Community tab > Form Defaults > Default Organizer

If you unset either of those defaults, then the community events page works as it should. Since we need the first one for administrators to have a default, we have unset the 2nd one.

screenshot:
    https://www.evernote.com/l/AAYYIB9roNlDcoLvOcv-MVeiAUh9rrSgUds

But that means that setting is useless until you guys resolve this bug. For now, there’s no way for community contributors to have a different default organizer than when an admin is adding an event (or both show up in the community add event page).

IMPORTANT NOTE: I see your form submission imports the live site’s info (which is not up to date)… But, I tested this all on a fresh local install, with the Twenty Fourteen theme, and the only plugins installed are Events Calendar, Events Calendar Pro, and Community Events.

Screenshot of plugins installed so you can see it’s the latest versions too:
    https://www.evernote.com/l/AAazPRAHeg9CCKcf0Hp-ByeMfTciqIXIQzQ

I can export a zip for you from DesktopServer if that would help you test it on your local server. I don’t want to post it on a public forum though; and I don’t see the option to mark this post private.

Hunter

Hello 🙂

Thank you for your in-depth analysis of what you believe to be a bug in our plugin(s) code. We do have an open bug related to the concerns you’ve expressed, so I’m confident in adding this forum thread to the bug report. Doing so helps increase attention on the matter and hopefully expedites a fix sooner rather than later. I don’t have any particular timeframe when to expect a patch, but we’ll update you here in addition to including relevant info in the Release Notes and plugin changelogs.

I can export a zip for you from DesktopServer if that would help you test it on your local server. I don’t want to post it on a public forum though; and I don’t see the option to mark this post private.

Please do if you don’t mind. You should see a checkbox ensuring your reply is marked as private just beneath the upload file section. Please see a screenshot below for reference:

Should I learn a temporary workaround other than downgrading to the version that works best for you, I’ll be sure to provide that information. Thanks again for your due diligence and thorough testing. Let me know if there are any other questions you need answered or have any additional feedback. Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicate Default Organizer on Add Events page’ is closed to new replies.