duplicate courses in XML sitemap

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO duplicate courses in XML sitemap

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Wade
    Participant

https://www.bushidotactical.com/sitemap.xml

this sitemap is showing several duplicate entries of all the courses/events and such. why is this?

Wade
    Participant

what good is premium support if it takes days to get a response. i have a messed up sitemap that google is indexing because this plugin is listing the courses twice for some reason…

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Wade,

Thanks for using our plugins and for getting in touch with us with your question.

I’m sorry for the long wait for an answer to your question. Our forums have gotten a bit more busy lately. We are trying to give every issue the fair amount of attention which can result in a bit longer response time in a busy period. Please also note that we don’t work over the weekends and based on our Support Policy we try to give an answer to every post within 48 hours in the working week. Thanks for your understanding.

I have checked your sitemap and to test this I have also created a sitemap on my local install with the free version of the All in One SEO plugin, which you seem to be using as well.

I used the default settings for generating the sitemap and I didn’t get any duplicates.

What are your settings for generating a sitemap? Can you share that with me?

Also, I would much appreciate it if you could share with me your system information. Thanks!

Looking forward to helping you solve this.

Cheers,
    Andras

Wade
    Participant

This reply is private.

Wade
    Participant

do you have any idea why there are duplicate entries in my sitemap?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Wade,

As said I have also created a sitemap on my local install with the free version of the All in One SEO plugin with default settings for generating the sitemap and I didn’t get any duplicates.

Check your All in One SEO settings on how the sitemap is generated, maybe set them back to default and see if that solves the issue. Let me know.

Cheers,
    Andras

Wade
    Participant

we did and that still has no bearing. we are using the pro version of all in one seo pack. our agency uses this plugin extensively, and have never had an issue or have ever needed to submit a support request to them. the issue is only happening with the events calendar pro

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello again Wade,

I’m not familiar with the inner working of that SEO plugin. Might be that you need to delete the sitemap.xml file and let the plugin re-generate it with you. In any case I would try that step.

What you can also test is deactivating AIO-SEO Pro and activate the free version to see if there is any difference.

I just tested it on a second site with the latest versions of our plugins and AIO-SEO and I still couldn’t recreate the issue. You can check here.

Although I believe the issue is not with our plugin, if you send me over your AIO-SEO settings (if the free version produces the issue still, after recreating the sitemap) I can try to test that on my local install.

Cheers,
    Andras

Wade
    Participant

looks like its been requested and had a good amount of support. how many votes is enough votes?

https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/8628691-create-a-tba-tbd-or-no-date-event

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi,

It usually depends on how well it fits into our strategy and roadmap, but I’d say usually it takes around 80-100 votes, when we start talking about it seriously.

This one is already logged internally as well, I can poke around to see if it can move forward, but I cannot make any promises.

Are you still getting the double entries in your sitemap.xml? If you can share your AIO-SEO settings export, then I can try to check on my local.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘duplicate courses in XML sitemap’ is closed to new replies.