Dropdown for existing Organizers or Venues does not appear.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Dropdown for existing Organizers or Venues does not appear.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Boris
    Participant

We have about a dozen Organizers and Venues in the calendar.

When I go to create or edit an event, there is no dropdown to select an Organizer. There are only fields to add a new one.

I tried adding an Organizer with the same name as an existing organizer. I got a notice that the name already exists. I updated the event. This created a duplicated organizer, as expected.

Now when I go to edit or add an event, there is an Organizer dropdown but it lists only the newly added Organizer and omits all existing Organizers.

With Venues, the drop-down exists but it does not show any existing Venues. It will only show new Venues that I add as part of troubleshooting.

Searching for existing Venues or Organizers in the dropdown does not produce any results.

This happened after the latest update that I installed the other day. We last added organizers two days ago.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Boris. Reason: remembered that this happened after I installed the plugin update yesterday
    Boris
    Participant

I’ve been able to temporarily resolve the issue by rolling back not the Pro plugin but The Events Calendar plugin from 4.6.22 back to 4.6.21

Hi Boris,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

I’m glad to hear that you’ve been able to temporarily resolve the issue.

If you’d like to continue troubleshooting the issue here, as a first step, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

• A conflict with another plugin
    • A conflict with your WordPress theme
    • A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

• Make a backup of your database
    • Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Boris!

Just wanted to share with you that we were able to identify the issue you describe as a bug and we have shipped a new release of The Events Calendar to fix it.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/announcing-the-events-calendar-4-6-22-1-and-community-events-4-5-13-1/

We appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update your plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Boris
    Participant

Thank you, the update has resolved my issue.

Glad we could help, you are welcome back in our support forums any time!

Since you marked this thread as Resolved, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Dropdown for existing Organizers or Venues does not appear.’ is closed to new replies.