Draft Events Not Accessible After Upgrade

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Draft Events Not Accessible After Upgrade

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Timothy Wood
    Participant

Hello hc2ca & Tony,
    Is there anyway I can get you to install the Members plugin by Justin Tadlock (http://wordpress.org/plugins/members/)? Once activated please go to Users > Roles > (Administrator or whatever role you are specifically wanting to see drafts). Once on the capabilities list screen for the role please ensure that all “*tribe*” capabilities are checked. I would be curious to know if any tribe capabilities are unchecked on your installs.

hc2ca
    Participant

Thanks for the advice Tim. I tried what you suggested and can confirm that the Tribe capabilities were all checked/enabled for the admin role. In fact, the only capabilities not checked were for gravity forms. We use gravity forms for folks to submit events to us, so I checked those boxes as well to see if that would work; nothing doing. Still blank/empty list of drafts, in spite of the growing number of drafts/events being submitted.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Barry

Hi hc2ca:

We use gravity forms for folks to submit events to us, so I checked those boxes as well to see if that would work; nothing doing.

So you are not in fact using Community Events?

Can you confirm what happens if you create a new event (not through your Gravity Form process, just by visiting Events > Add New) and save it as a draft? Is that item accessible?

hc2ca
    Participant

Barry,
    Where would I go to check to see if I am using community events or not? As reported up above, “when I go to Events > Settings I do not have a Community option, nor the ability to adjust the Default Status for Submitted Events”.

When I created a new event it works perfectly fine. A site such as ours offers a community calendar, so the problem currently is that we have no way to allow users to submit their own content, and thus, are missing out on helping them publicize their events.

Barry

Community Events is a plugin we sell, so you could visit the plugin admin screen and take a peek there and see if it is listed.

When I created a new event it works perfectly fine. A site such as ours offers a community calendar, so the problem currently is that we have no way to allow users to submit their own content, and thus, are missing out on helping them publicize their events.

So if I’m understanding you correctly the problem is only when users submit their own events and that that process is being facilitated by your own custom (Gravity Forms-based) submission process?

If so I’m afraid we can’t really help you with this and it would tend to indicate that the problem is with the custom code.

hc2ca
    Participant

We are currently using: The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar PRO plugins, not the community events plugin.

The way we are accepting community events, as was suggested as an option by the manufacturer when we originally purchased the plugin, is via the Gravity form. It would have been great to know that the Gravity form support had been depreciated before we upgraded. I guess our only options with Modern Tribe are to revert or spend another $50 and get the community add-on as well. Disappointing to say the least. Appreciate your help though.

Rob

Hi there hca2ca. I saw your last comment here and I wanted to jump in to let you know that we appreciate the feedback. Let me first apologize on behalf of the whole team for your poor experience.

I’m admittedly a bit confused about your point on Gravity Forms, though, since we haven’t ever had an officially supported Gravity Forms integration before now. It’s certainly possible that a pre-3.0 release of TEC/PRO inadvertently worked with GF but that was unintentional and not something by design or that was officially supported.

Please know that by no means are we attempting to force the purchase of an upgrade just to get back that pre-existing functionality. Since we first launched this plugin, the only officially supported (and 100% functional) frontend submission piece was that Community Events add-on…and that remains true to this day. If we’re misunderstood as to your last comment or if we’ve done something to strip away features you had previously, please let me know…since I want to do right by you there.

Thanks for your support and patience so far.

hc2ca
    Participant

Rob, I appreciate the response. I find the comment “we haven’t ever had an officially supported Gravity Forms integration” difficult to accept considering the guidance Shane and yourself have offered on this very subject in the past. I don’t want to argue semantics, because those posts were certainly helpful in integrating Gravity Forms, but perhaps it should have been more clear to folks who were going that unofficial route.

Rob

Hey hc2ca. Thanks for the follow-up here. You make a great point; while we tried to stress in both those links that they were third-party integrations we wanted to offer up as a friendly resource to the community (not something we were actively supporting), it seems we failed in accurately conveying that. I also think there might be some confusion because those were also from the days before we had community events as an option – once there’s an officially supported tool in these situations we generally expect users wanting that functionality will make the jump, or find ways to make the workarounds/custom hacks integrate themselves.

All that said, yes – I don’t mean to argue semantics. We obviously failed you here and I appreciate your heads up pointing out the issue. We need to do a better job going forward of clearly defining what we’ll support and what we won’t, and your feedback here has helped get the ball rolling on such a discussion. If I could interest you in a complementary Community license for your troubles (since we unfortunately won’t be able to do much on the GF integration per my points above) please do let me know so I can get you sorted.

hc2ca
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi hc2ca, since I believe Rob has been in contact with you I will go ahead and close this thread – should anything else crop up please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘Draft Events Not Accessible After Upgrade’ is closed to new replies.