Draft Events Not Accessible After Upgrade

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Draft Events Not Accessible After Upgrade

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    hc2ca
    Participant

After upgrading the plugin, events that are submitted by our community members, which are automatically saved as drafts, can no longer be accessed/approved by admins. Events are still being submitted properly, as the number of drafts continues to increase. The problem is that any attempt to access the drafts under Events>Drafts leads to an empty list of events. Seems like lots of folks are having issues following the upgrade, but no one is reporting this type of error. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi hc2ca,

Sorry to hear about the trouble here. I’m going to move this to the Community Events forum since it has more to do with that plugin. I wasn’t able to reproduce this issue on my end. Have you updated the Community Events plugin to 3.0? Have you tried deactivating all other plugins to rule out a conflict?

hc2ca
    Participant

Yes I have updated the plugin and tried to remedy by deactivating all others. Still no luck though.

Barry

Hi hc2ca,

Like Jonah I am unable to replicate this. Can you confirm that:

* As well as deactivating other (non-Modern Tribe) plugins you reverted to a default, unmodified theme such as Twenty Twelve

* Does this also happen with newly submitted events, or just events submitted before updating?

Thanks!

hc2ca
    Participant

Thanks for the reply Barry. I’ve tried both deactivating all non-Modern Tribe plugins and reverting to Twenty Twelve. Neither allows me to access the drafts. The number of drafts continues to rise as folks submit things to our calendar. So to answer the second question, this is only happening with newly submitted events. We can still access events that had been previously published, and manually add new ones ourselves. However, the new ones that are being submitted by our community members can no longer be accessed/edited/viewed. The draft tab indicates 19 events, but the list is empty.

Barry

OK: what I’m going to do is seek support from one of the development team as, in honesty, I have no idea why this would happen – it’s certainly the first time I have seen it reported.

Please bear with me and I (or another team member) will update you as soon as they can.

Barry

… One thing to try in the interim is visiting Events > Settings > Community – adjust the Default Status for Submitted Events setting to Pending Review … does that help here?

Though I appreciate even if that solves the basic problem it may leave a number of events stranded in draft limbo it would be interesting to know the result of this.

Barry

One other thing I would also be interested in is: can you access the drafts from the main list of events and then approve them that way? Again, I appreciate that even if you can do that it isn’t necessarily ideal and nor would it be a long term solution, but it would be useful to know if this is possible in your case or not.

Tony Alexander
    Participant

Barry

I have a draft event that is also not accessible and this is an event created by an admin. The events tab shows one event as draft. Clicking on draft loads that tab with no events editable.

Barry

Hi Tony,

Just to clarify because I think we’re both using different terminology here – by tab do you mean the links reading something like:

All (50) | Draft (17) | Trash (2)

If so, while I understand clicking on the draft link isn’t working as expected are you able to locate the drafts and edit them from the All list?

hc2ca
    Participant

Barry, when I go to Events > Settings I do not have a Community option, nor the ability to adjust the Default Status for Submitted Events. Guessing that may be part of the problem?

To answer your second post, none of the drafts are showing up in the main list of (All) events. We have quite fair number of them, going through and comparing but still nothing doing.

My reference to “tab” is exactly how you’re understanding it. My tabs show: All (941) | Published (922) | Drafts (19)

hc2ca
    Participant

Tony, yay! At least I’m not the only one.

Barry

You know, it sounds as if Community Events simply isn’t at the latest version – though I know you checked that already. I have asked for a member of the development team to assist here so let’s hang tight and see what that brings.

hc2ca
    Participant

Any updates on this? Have not heard from anyone, and in spite of two updates to the plugin(s), the drafts are piling up.

Barry

Hi hc2ca, unfortunately the developer assigned to look into this has had very limited availability: it’s now in the hands of another team member and we will try to get you a response as quickly as possible.

Sorry for the delay!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘Draft Events Not Accessible After Upgrade’ is closed to new replies.