Double price fields for event ticket follow up

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Double price fields for event ticket follow up

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Somer
    Participant

Following up to https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/double-price-fields-for-event-ticket/ since it was closed before resolution.

* We are still experiencing the same bug even upon updates.
    * We cannot use Option 1 “Events Tickets Plus” because it does not support recurring events.
    * Option 2 of downgrading doesn’t seem smart because we may lose features or introduce new bugs.

Is a patch still in progress to fix this as mentioned by Brook here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/double-price-fields-for-event-ticket/#post-1124528 ?

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Somer,

First of all sorry that other thread closed. They autoclose after two weeks of inactivity.

Is a patch still in progress to fix this as mentioned by Brook here:https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/double-price-fields-for-event-ticket/#post-1124528 ?

Brian was actually the developer designated with patching this, which is why he followed up. What he found was that we could patch this specific issue, but the old version of WooCommerce Tickets would still not be fully compatible with the latest The Events Calendar. We have now done about 10 releases since WooCommerce Tickets was replaced by Event Tickets Plus, and with each new release of The Events Calendar it is getting harder to maintain compatibility. So he was just reporting his findings there and giving you some options, since work on the patch has been suspended based on those insights.

We cannot use Option 1 “Events Tickets Plus” because it does not support recurring events.

Do you mind clarifying what you mean by this? While Event Tickets Plus does not yet officially support recurring events, WooCommerce never did either. Event Tickets Plus is actually slightly more compatible with recurring events as we have been lots of architecture changes this past year with the end goal of giving it official support soon.

In case it was not clear, when Event Tickets Plus was released it was really just a new name for WooCommerce Tickets. They shared basically all of the same code, just with a few extra features added to the new version. And in the last year we have added a lot more features. In every way Event Tickets Plus is just a better version of WooCommerce Tickets, I am not aware of a single feature missing from the original that its replacement does not have.

Option 2 of downgrading doesn’t seem smart because we may lose features or introduce new bugs.

If I were you I would consider downgrading a last resort as well. To me option one is in every way superior.

Please let me know what you’re thinking here. We fully realize that switching product names can be scary. Which is why we have been trying hard to support the old name for the past year. We did not want anyone to feel forced into a surprise upgrade. But with each passing month it is becoming more important to upgrade. Eventually you will have to upgrade if you plan to continue updating your plugins and WordPress. So as Brian laid out with Option 1, perhaps now is the time?

• Brook
    Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Double price fields for event ticket follow up’ is closed to new replies.