Do I really have to login to Facebook?

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Do I really have to login to Facebook?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    4smartbiz
    Participant

Seriously, do i have to log in to Facebook and approve it to have access to my personal account to make this work?

I don’t recall this being needed before. I’m afraid this is sort of a non-starter for me as I manage quite a few sites and believe it or not I value my digital footprint privacy. If this is the case I’d like the old Fb importer back and/or a refund.

Cliff

Hi. Sorry you’re unhappy about this requirement. Event Aggregator (EA) has more functionality for importing from Facebook and no longer requires an application ID and key to setup an import.

I checked with our developers and authenticating with Facebook is a requirement for EA, but the previous app ID and key setup didn’t have more limiting permissions so it’s the same as far as what access your login has to events.

If you’re concerned about your Facebook username/password being stored somewhere, they said it uses Facebook oAuth so we don’t have your credentials at any time. This method is what’s recommended by Facebook (unlike our previous setup).

Please let me know your thoughts about how EA works now that you have this information.

FYI: Here’s our Refund Request Form if you decide you need to go that route.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Do I really have to login to Facebook?’ is closed to new replies.