Do I need Pro for Community Events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Do I need Pro for Community Events

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    hopeforrecoverynh
    Participant

Sorry if I missed this on product pages, but do I need to upgrade to Pro before I can purchase and add on the Community Events system? Please let me know – thank you! 🙂

Geoff

Hello @hopeforrecoverynh,

So glad you reached out and asked before purchasing because you do not need PRO for Community Events. Save your money. 🙂

PRO does include the ability to create additional fields for events, which can also be used in the Community Events submission form, but PRO itself is totally not required for Community Events to function on its own.

Thanks for reaching out! Feel free to let me know if I can help answer anything else.

Cheers!
    Geoff

P.S. I’m being a little presumptuous here, but your username sounds like it could be tied to a non-profit cause. If you are planning on using Community Events on a non-profit site, please do check out our non-profit program because we offer free product licenses for qualifying organizations. 🙂

hopeforrecoverynh
    Participant

Wonderful – thank you!

One thing we need our people to be able to do when they submit an event is attach flyers (usually a PDF file). Does the Community add-on allow for this? Or would that have to be created as a custom field (if upgraded to Pro)?

Thanks again!

Geoff

Ooo, good question!

There is no option to upload a file with an event at the moment. However, if you did have PRO and set up a custom field for one, then you could ask for a URL to that PDF flyer in the submission form. Not the same as uploading a file, but it would certainly make it possible to link an event to a file.

Geoff

hopeforrecoverynh
    Participant

Oh, such a huge bummer. Most of the people that would be submitting community events for us are probably not technologically sophisticated enough to have a link to their flyers. These are mostly volunteer folks that probably don’t have dropbox accounts or the like.

Is there any integration with something like Formidable Forms or Gravity Forms to be able to add some kind of upload functionality?

Thanks! 🙂

Geoff

I have heard of some people being able to integrate Gravity Forms into Community Events. Honestly, however, I haven’t personally confirmed how well that works and whether the file upload field was part of it.

You might want to try it out with Advanced Custom Fields instead. I know it supports custom post types (which is what Events posts are), so it would just be a matter of ensuring those added fields made it to the Community Events submission form.

I will add that we do have a full refund policy for all products within 30-days of purchase. That would give you a chance to test those ideas out–and, of course, we’d be happy to take it back if it doesn’t pan out for some reason. 🙂

Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Do I need Pro for Community Events’ is closed to new replies.