display pending events on front end "My Events" page?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events display pending events on front end "My Events" page?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    thecolumbian
    Participant

I have my Community Events “Default status for submitted events” setting set to “Pending Review” to only display after our moderators’ approval, which is great for the overall user experience. However, when a new event is created on the frontend, because the event is pending, that event does not appear in the list of “My Events.” This appears to be causing our users to think that an error occurred and their event information was not actually successfully submitted.

Is there a way to have these events also list for the user with a “Pending Review” flag or note next to the ones that have not yet been approved?

Courtney

Hi Brandon

Oh, I could see how submitters might want that feature. I’ll check to see if we have a way to make that possible with any customizations.

If you think that is something you would like as a feature I encourage you to visit our User Voice Page and either upvote an existing request or make a new request there.

You can suggest it at http://tribe.uservoice.com.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Courtney

Hey Brandon

I dug a little further and found that you should already have this functionality.

Notice on the far left that it shows an icon for draft mode vs a checkmark for published.

If you are not seeing the same thing, please head through our testing for conflicts. https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/

Let me know what you find.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

thecolumbian
    Participant

I’ve discovered the issue here. I apologize that I should have noticed this before.

When I disable ElasticPress and the Events Calendar Elasticsearch Integration plugins, those events do show up. So this looks like an issue with the Elasticsearch Integration plugin.

Courtney

Oh great notice Brandon.

I’ll flag that for our developers.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

thecolumbian
    Participant

Thanks, Courtney.

I just received a complaint from our events staff wondering if there was anything we could do about our site users repeatedly submitting the same event in because they are experiencing this issue and not seeing their pending events on the “My Events” Community Events page. Is there any sort of estimated timeframe you might be able to give me for this issue to be resolved by your developers so I can give them an answer.

I sure appreciate your help; have a great weekend.

Courtney

Hey Brandon

I have attached this thread along with your other similar issue while using ElasticEvents to a bug ticket. Our developers will respond as soon as a solution is available.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘display pending events on front end "My Events" page?’ is closed to new replies.