Display next month in minicalendar if current month is empty

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Display next month in minicalendar if current month is empty

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Mason
    Participant

Hello,
    I found the code for Tribe_Advance_Minical on your forum to do this but it doesn’t work. Would you please take a look and see what it is wrong?
    Thanks.

Mason
    Participant

This reply is private.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Mason,

Thanks  for reaching out to us!

We actually have an updated version of that snippet which you can find here https://gist.github.com/barryhughes/a8b5c074b6931f1a226d. Try this and let me know if it works for you.

Thanks!

Mason
    Participant

Thanks Josh. I tried the new snippet but it didn’t work.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Mason,

Thanks for trying that out and following up with us.

I tried the snippet on my local install and it worked great. I created a couple of events starting in July so there were no events in the current month. The mini calendar automatically loaded July when the widget was used on the site https://cloudup.com/c_gjWT8Sttn.

A couple of quick questions:

1. Did you add the snippet to the functions.php file of your currently active theme?
    2. Are you using the latest versions of both our PRO and core Events Calendar plugins?
    3. Have you tried the Testing for Conflicts procedures to see if there is a conflict at play? This could help to diagnose what may be conflicting and point to a solution.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Mason
    Participant

Hey Josh,

1. I added the snippet to functionality plugin (basically same as functions.php)

2. yes, I’m using the latest versions

3. tried all that but no success!

Cheers,
    Mason

Josh
    Participant

Hey Mason,

Are you using any sort of caching on your site? If so, did you clear the cache after updating the snippet?

Thanks!

Mason
    Participant

No, I’m not. Clearing the cache didn’t help neither.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Mason,

That’s definitely strange. Would it be possible to see the site where this issue is occurring?

Thanks!

Mason
    Participant

This reply is private.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Mason,

Thanks for providing that link! Out of curiosity, could you try temporarily removing the event for May 3 to see if the calendar then “fast-forwards” as expected?

Thanks!

Mason
    Participant

Hi Josh,

Just did that but no changes!

Josh
    Participant

Hey Mason,

Thanks for trying that out.

Since I’m unable to replicate, I’m a little unsure of what exactly may be happening here. A couple more ideas that may help us out:

1. Have you tried adding the widget to another page other than the home page to see if the issue persists there?
    2. What happens if you switch to a default WordPress theme and deactivate all other plugins? Does the issue still persists when using the widget?

Let me know if this reveals anything.

Thanks!

Mason
    Participant

Hey Josh,

Tried all that and got no where! Could it be related to hosting/server somehow?!

Thanks.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Mason,

I apologize for the delayed response. There could potentially be an issue with the hosting environment, although in this case it would seem to be that it would be rare and possibly limited to the PHP version. Do you happen to have another hosting environment or local testing area that you could test the code on?

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Display next month in minicalendar if current month is empty’ is closed to new replies.