display Month View as mobile view on wider screen

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO display Month View as mobile view on wider screen

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    clebc
    Participant

I want to do the opposite of this: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/month-view-displays-in-mobile-view/

The full calendar view does not change to mobile until it is very narrow.

Barry

Hi Michael,

Thanks for contacting us.

So in your case do you simply want ‘mobile view’ to be used at all screen sizes? If so, an adaptation of the snippet provided in that same article could work for you:

function customize_tribe_events_breakpoint() {
        return 10000;
    }

add_filter( 'tribe_events_mobile_breakpoint', 'customize_tribe_events_breakpoint' );

Note that I modified the breakpoint value to 10,000 pixels. In practice, this should result in ‘mobile view’ always displaying and the snippet could be added to your theme’s functions.php file or indeed to a custom plugin.

Is that indeed what you are trying to achieve and does the above help?

Let me know if you need further guidance.

clebc
    Participant

Hi Barry,

Thanks for your quick reply! I did find out that works but it changes all instances of the calendar. I was hoping to have one large normal calendar, then have multiple smaller calendars by categories in mobile view on different pages. I am using bootstrap and the calendar seems to know to go mobile by page width rather than column width. Is there any way to achieve this?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by clebc.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by clebc.
    Barry

I was hoping to have one large normal calendar, then have multiple smaller calendars by categories in mobile view on different pages.

I’m not completely sure what you’re after here. Do you mean, the regular calendar with lots of mini calendar widgets beneath it?

I am using bootstrap and the calendar seems to know to go mobile by page width rather than column width. Is there any way to achieve this?

Page width (or viewport width) is indeed the trigger. There’s no particularly easy way to change this to column width, though. Might using the regular month view plus multiple mini-calendars (via the mini calendar shortcode or widget) meet your needs, instead?

clebc
    Participant

Thanks, it might not be possible then. The point is that the mobile view is so much nicer than the widget! 🙂

Here are the pages:
    I am using the [tribe_mini_calendar] here: http://clebc.wpengine.com/business-law/

And the full calendar [tribe_events] is here: http://clebc.wpengine.com/courses/

Barry

Well, it’s possible – but I think would take us beyond the scope of support we can offer here.

If you wish one ‘full’ month view, then separate pages to have ‘mobile style’ calendars, you could potentially target just those pages with some further custom dev work – but I’m not quite sure that would fit your requirements, either.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘display Month View as mobile view on wider screen’ is closed to new replies.