Display Event Description on Ticket

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Display Event Description on Ticket

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Michael Burke
    Participant

Hi guys,

I know this falls under customization and you don’t normally give out that type of support but I thought I would take a shot. If there any way that you can give me the required code (php and html) to add to my tickets/email.php file so that the Event Description is displayed on the event ticket emailed to users?

Also – I noticed that including the start date is set to ‘false’ If I change that to ‘true’ will the event start date then be displayed? I apologize, I’m not very good at php.

Thanks
    Mike

Gergana
    Participant

If you need to customize something inside the ticket which is sent to the customer or participant you can check this thread https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/how-to-show-the-ticket-sales-end-date-into-the-event/#dl_post-1160097

###There I’ve asked how can I make a customization(The end date of the event to be shown in the ticket)

If you want to make this change you have to do it in child theme just to be sure your changes will stay even after update of the plugin. To edit the ticket you should create a folder /tribe-events/tickets/ and copy there the email.php from the plugin dir and edit it in the new location.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Michael and hello Gergana,

Thanks Gergana, for chiming in and sharing the link to that thread.

Michael, that thread should give you the answer you are looking for. As I saw there are some detailed explanations on what you need to do.

I hope that gets you started. Let me know if you need anything else related this.

Cheers,
    Andras

Michael Burke
    Participant

Thanks guys!

Michael Burke
    Participant

Hi guys,

I appreciate the replies but I don’t think that thread addresses what I need.

My tickets are not “sold” (there is no price, no WooCommerce interaction). They are just RSVP. Here is what I want, specifically:

#1 – To show the event description on the ticket
    #2 – To display a link directly to the event on the client’s webpage (the only link currently on the ticket is a link to the homepage, not specifically to the event)

I’m cool with making the copies of the file and putting them in my child theme. I just need to know which file to edit, and what code to add.

Thanks!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the clarification. I looked it up and you will need to override this file:

wp-content\plugins\event-tickets\src\views\tickets\email.php

Copy it to

wp-content/[your-theme]/tribe-events/tickets/email.php

And then you can start editing it there.

You might need to include tribe_events_get_event or tribe_events_get_the_excerpt to include the description. And tribe_get_organizer_website_link for the organizer’s url.

You can find more functions and more info on these functions here:
    http://theeventscalendar.com/functions

Hope this will get you started. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Display Event Description on Ticket’ is closed to new replies.