Discrepancy in ticket sales Order screen vs Attendees screen

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Discrepancy in ticket sales Order screen vs Attendees screen

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Dirk
    Participant

Hi Guys,

It’s been a while, finally had a well-deserved holiday 😉

One of our organizers ‘oversold’ their concert because the relied on the wrong screen.
    I believe we addressed it once before but I’m not sure if it was handled already. In the attached screenshot you can find the discrepancy we are talking about.
    We believe it has something to with orders that are automatically flagged as cancelled once a payment fails or times out.

On top of that we would like to let you know that once an order is cancelled those reserved tickets are not funnelled back into the global stock. So the global stock is reduced while the tickets are not actually sold.

Obviously we hope both issues will be fixed soon!

Cheers,
    Dirk

Nico

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for reaching out to us on this, and sorry to hear it’s an issue that has already been addressed 🙁

Can you please point me to the previous thread were you worked on this? If it was a legit bug there must be a report in our backlog and we can check that!

I’ll run some test in my local install with cancelled orders and such variations to review the flow and re-stock (or not) of tickets in cancelled orders.

I’ll give you a heads up on this soon!

Have a great weekend,
    Nico

Dirk
    Participant

Hi Nico,

Thank you for looking into it. Something similar but with a less clear issue statement was talked about in this post:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/total-revenue-not-taking-refunds-in-account/

Looking forward to your test results!

Cheers,

Nico

This reply is private.

Dirk
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

Hey Dirk,

Thanks! Feeling a bit better 🙂

Regarding the the issue, I did some pretty intensive testing and these are my findings:

• Cancelled orders tickets are not re-stocked. This is true for events with or without global stock.
    • Cancelled order for regular Woo products don’t re-stock the product. So I assume we are following Woo practice here.
    • Refunded items (that are marked to be restocked → https://cloudup.com/cSHE7viIW9f). Again this is true for both types of stock.
    • Discrepancies in totals: I see different values for those as you do, but one of the values is labeled ‘Total Sold’ (in attendees pages – includes cancelled) and the other ‘Tickets Sold’ (in orders page – doesn’t include cancalled items). regarding individual tickets quantities, I see the issue in your screenshot but couldn’t reproduce it. Maybe this is because I’m manually cancelling the orders? Are any of the orders showing up as ‘failed’ or order status than complete or cancelled?

Please let me know you thoughts about the above,
    Best,
    Nico

Dirk
    Participant

This reply is private.

Dirk
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

This reply is private.

Dirk
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Discrepancy in ticket sales Order screen vs Attendees screen’ is closed to new replies.