Different Views depending on categories

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Different Views depending on categories

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Heinz

Hi,
    is it possible to work with different views depending on categories? E.g. categories like “Music in Town”, “Music in TV”, “Music Streaming” need different layouts. “Music in Town” need venue, the others not. “Music in Town” needs no Endtime, “Music in TV” needs start and end time. “Music Streaming” needs no start and end time, but duration of the streaming event.
    Would be also ok, if I can select in a shortcode category and category-depending view.
    Thanks in advance and Regards
    Heinz

Geoff B.

Good evening Heinz and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    We’ll be glad to answer your questions.

is it possible to work with different views depending on categories?

The short answer is yes. But you will definitely need to use template overrides (view customizations) to achieve that.

You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

Just to set expectations, the scope of our support is mostly to get our customers started on the right track and to help them in case of issues. We unfortunately do not provide complete support for customization.

If coding is not really your cup of tea, you could always hire one of our recommended customizers to do the customization for you.

Would be also ok, if I can select in a shortcode category and category-depending view.

With the Events Calendar Pro you do have access to shortcodes. However, the level of control you have over them is not quite what you might be looking for.

See for yourself: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/embedding-calendar-views-tribe_events-shortcode/

I guess you could “cheat” by using the shortcodes in different page templates.
    In turn, that would allow you to have different CSS rules that would hide the undesired elements when a certain page template is selected.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Different Views depending on categories’ is closed to new replies.