Different View and Events for different Users

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Different View and Events for different Users

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tobias

Hello, I have a question about “The Events Calendar”. I would like to provide training plans for athletes and groups, but also for the public, so if you visit the site you can see events like competitions. But training plans should only be seen by every athlete, i. e. he sees his own plans. Is it possible?
    Example: Athlete A has strength training on Monday at 14:00 and athlete B has bike training on Tuesday at 14:00. Now athlete A logs in and he may only see the date of the strength training but not the bike training. And turned around at Athlete B. He may only see the date Tuesday or the competitions. And users who are not logged in at all are not allowed to see both dates. Is it also possible to attach a document to an appointment?

Thank you very much

Neill

Hi Tobias,

I’m sorry for the delayed reply, we’ve been experiencing higher then usual support volume this week.

The functionality you are explaining above, does not come with The Events Calendar or the premium version of Events Calendar Pro.

We have seen some success with some customers using this plugin for events that are split between public facing events and private/account/subscription based events, but these were customizations that the individual customers have developed on their own. These can be further filtered via categories and tags that you might be able to achieve what you are looking for in the application of a training program.

While we do offer support for the plugin both via the wp.org forum and via our own helpdesk if you purchase a subscription for Events Calendar Pro, we do not assist with customizations. We can at time point you in the right direction e.g. we have a Customizations Page that has a few resources to get you started.

Hope this gets you started.

Neill

Tobias

Hello Neill, thanks for your reply. I have looked at some things in the forum and read through which might solve my problem. Here are the links:
    1. https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/rolewise-access-issue-on-event-list-page/
    2. https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/admin-roles-and-permissions/
    3. https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/making-members-calendar/

The following questions result for me in this regard.

First I installed the plugin member. Then create a new group. Create a new user and authorize it for the group. When creating an event, I selected the appropriate group and saved the event. In the month view this works quite well. But when I use the list view all appointments are displayed. Even those who are actually only visible with a certain authorization. Then I read more in the forum and found the entry “Making Member Calendar”. For this purpose there is a php code which you have to insert into the function. php. I have done this too, but now I always get “access denied” no matter if I am logged in as a user or not.
    My question, what role does the user need in the calendar to see only his entries?
    edit_tribe_event, edit_tribe_events, read_tribe_venue, read_tribe_event, read_tribe_organizer, Manage Options…? Can you help me? See you dev.saarproject.de
    I have a User for tests.

Thanks Tobias

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Different View and Events for different Users’ is closed to new replies.