Rolewise access issue on event list page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Rolewise access issue on event list page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sheila
    Participant

Hello,

I am using imember360 plugin for providing access to different group of users for accessing content. In Event section while i am adding a new event i define access to some groups. member who are not in that group is not able to access the content of that event. In my case while i am not a authorized user i am not able to view content of that event while i am on event detail page but the same event is showing up in list of events and also display all the content.

I can see all event details on this page for “Great event ACL” on event listing page.
    But when i click on that event it doesn’t show up details of event.

So i just want to filter events and display only those events which are accessible for users on event listing page.

Geoff B.

Good evening Sheila and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!o

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

The first thing I would recommend (if you have not done so already), would be to read the following post: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/admin-roles-and-permissions/

Secondly, to achieve what you are trying to do, you will need to add conditionals to the views you are using on your website. Something like “IF member of that group THEN execute normal loop, ELSE, return message”.

You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Sheila
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Sheila,

Thank you for writing back.

Full disclosure, I have not used the iMember360 plugin, so I am not fully familiar with it’s workflow.

To answer your question, we actually are not directly using get_post in our plugins.
    You will however find the code you are looking for in the content.php file of each view.

For example, for the list view: /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/list/content.php

This calls the loop.php file in the same folder which uses while ( have_posts() )

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Rolewise access issue on event list page’ is closed to new replies.