Different calendar-views/info on different parts of website

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Different calendar-views/info on different parts of website

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Thom

Hi!

I’m looking into The Events Calendar to use on a intranet for a semi-big company.

Different parts of our organisation has one calendar each (now on Google Calendar) and we would like to show their events on their part of the website. We would also like to combine all of the calendars on the start-page, and preferably be able to combine different calendars on different parts of the website.

It doesn’t look like you are able to do all that. With the Events Calendar Pro I can place the calendar wherever I want (and in different views) on the website, but I don’t know if I can categorise the imported events from different Google Calendars and therefor use the shortcode to fix the problem. It doesn’t look like you can have a default filter with the filter bar either.

One more question. We work completely with Google, and different persons in our domain has different calendars that needs to be shared, is that even possible when it comes to importing the events?

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Thom!

I’d be happy to help with your questions.

When using the shortcode that is available in The Events Calendar Pro, you can specify a category to show. As far as assigning categories to imported events, you can assign a default category in the settings or assign the category to the events after importing them. By default, there’s no way to automate adding certain categories to specific feeds, but it’s possible this could be done with some customization.

To import Google calendars, you would need our Aggregator service. This allows you to import from multiple feeds. So, you could definitely do what you’re asking in your last question.

Let me know if I answered all of your questions, or if you have any others.

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Different calendar-views/info on different parts of website’ is closed to new replies.