Didn't realize the functionality we need was non-existent

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Didn't realize the functionality we need was non-existent

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Steven Gardner
    Participant

Hello,

While I was very excited about using the events calendar in concert with an ical feed for our church website and invested in the aggregator plugin earlier this summer, I had not realized at the time that there was a crucial functionality that does not exist with this platform. I see in some of the support posts that you are referring people to vote for a feature development that would remove calendar events from the events calendar when they are deleted from an ical source (calendar sync). Just to be clear, my staff regularly reschedules or deletes events from our source calendar and I want any web plugin displaying our calendar to reflect those changes. What is the use of a calendar if there are events displayed on it that have been moved to other dates or deleted? I really like the plugin you have produced, but to me, this is not some kind of “extra feature request” scenario, this is something that I would consider a nuts and bolts basic kind of thing that should be expected. To have a one way flow of information, i.e. filling up a calendar with each feed and never having any accounting for removed events would make our church calendar incorrect, which is not something I am willing to allow even though I really love the design and the user interface of your product. Because I did not realize this shortcoming until now I can certainly understand that you have every right to keep the church’s money, as business is business. I feel that it would be remiss for me, however, to not at least ask if it is possible that we could be refunded for the transaction as I fully intend to remove the plugins from our site and seek different solution. Thank You for any consideration in this matter.

Steven

Cliff

Hi, Steven.

Thanks for your candid feedback.

The logic behind how Event Aggregator (EA) works is this:

• each event in an iCal file has a unique ID (UID), per the iCalendar spec
    • if an event is rescheduled, EA recognizes the UID to be the same as a previously-imported event and it updates this event in your WordPress site
    • however, if an event is completely deleted from the source, EA doesn’t delete the event from WordPress

Please complete our Refund Request Form and link back to this thread for reference. I’m unsure if they’ll be able to process your request, since it’s beyond 30 days and our payment processor may not even allow us to attempt a refund this far back.

Finally, please add your vote to https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/15047292-option-to-remove-events-not-present-in-a-reimporte

This allows us to gauge interest in this particular feature request, which helps us prioritize our development efforts.

Thank you.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Didn't realize the functionality we need was non-existent’ is closed to new replies.