Description randomly not being pulled from Google Calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Description randomly not being pulled from Google Calendar

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Mackler
    Participant

Doesn’t seem to be any pattern, but the aggregator doesn’t always pull in event descriptions. Same calendar, same format, but sometimes doesn’t pull description. Any ideas?

Jeff Mackler
    Participant
    Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Jeff!

Thanks for taking your time and reporting this.

I could reproduce the issue you are having with the calendar feed you provided. It seems to be an issue coming from our Event Aggregator service, so I will create a bug report for this.

I will set this thread’s status to “Pending fix” and link it to the report so we can let you know when it is fixed.

I apologise for this inconvenience and we’d appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best,
    Victor

Jeff Mackler
    Participant

Any idea how long this fix might take?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Jeff!

Thanks for following up with this.

I’ve just checked the report for this issue and it seems to have already been reviewed by one of our developers.

I can’t commit to a date yet due to other issues having a higher priority at the moment, but rest assured it will be addressed as we take all our issues seriously.

I will make sure to let you know as soon as we have an update about it.

Thank you for your patience!

Best,
    Victor

Jeff Mackler
    Participant

Checking in again. This is an issue which makes your plugin, for which I’ve paid, completely unusable for me. When might this get fixed?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Jeff!

Thanks for following up with this.

I’ve just checked the report for this issue and it seems a fix has been submitted for this. This means it now has to go under QA testing and approval processes to finally be deployed.

I can’t commit to an exact date for when this will be available but I can already tell it will be soon. Possibly during the next week.

I apologise once again for this issue. I know this things can be frustrating sometimes, but rest assured we are actively working on this.

Best,
    Victor

Jeff Mackler
    Participant

Thanks

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff!

Just wanted to follow up with this to let you know that the fix for this has passed QA testing and is scheduled to be released next week along with some other server improvements and fixes.

We will notify you as soon as the fix is available for you to try.

Once again, thank you for your patience.

Best,
    Victor.

Jeff Mackler
    Participant

Great. Thanks. Looking forward to testing it.

Barry

You’re welcome!

Jeff Mackler
    Participant

Having more troubles with this feed. I am getting errors on imports. The initial one works, but then the scheduled imports fail. If I trigger manually, I get “The import being fetched is not queued up for importing. Please try the import again.”

Feed: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/webmaster%40j-c-a.org/public/basic.ics

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4dalbvqtdcsgzxh/Screenshot%202017-08-25%2001.26.07.png?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/m3878vhhw923bui/Screenshot%202017-08-25%2001.26.29.png?dl=0

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff!

I tried the import myself and didn’t get those errors.

Could you please update to the latest versions of our plugins? The Events Calendar version 4.5.11 includes a number of fixes and improvements regarding imports that will likely solve this issue.

Please update to the latest version and let us know if that solves your issue.

I also wanted to let you know that a fix for for the descriptions missing bugĀ is already in the process of QA testing and should be released soon. It had to be delayed some time because it was linked to another report and they need to be shipped together.

Let me know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

Jeff Mackler
    Participant

I have updated. Still seeing this: http://youtu.be/k-HIL-La_gk

Jeff Mackler
    Participant

Also, it’s skipping events when there are two events at the same date and time.

This product is so buggy, it’s basically useless to my client.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • The topic ‘Description randomly not being pulled from Google Calendar’ is closed to new replies.