Deleting recurring events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Deleting recurring events

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Suzanne
    Participant

I’m gun-shy about sending more credentials. However, I did stumble on a clumsy work-around. If you Edit the instance of a recurring event you wish to delete (just change one thing – I deleted the $ sign from the cost field, for instance) and then click on Update you will get the pop up asking whether this should apply to the whole series or just this event. If you click on just this event this instance of the series will now appear on the events list as a No Recurring event. You can now trash it and the rest of the original recurring series remains intact.

My original problem remains: if I click on trash in the events list to remove one of a recurring series, no popup asking whether this applies to the whole series or just this one appears. The whole series is immediately trashed.

Suzanne
    Participant

Jonah, can you please permanently delete my “private” post above? I don’t trust that the plug in you are using will not break again.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Suzanne,

I’ve gone ahead and removed your private post above. Sorry about that. We removed the ability to delete all instances of recurring events from the events list in 3.0. You must now go in and edit an event in the series in order to get the popup to delete all instances. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Regards,
    Jonah

Suzanne
    Participant

Thanks, Jonah.
    I actually don’t want to delete ALL instances of recurring events. I want to delete ONE instance/date only.
    Now I have to go through a messier process than before, where this could be done from the events list just by clicking on Trash and selecting ‘this event only’. Now, that option does not pop up at all so, clicking on Trash instantly deletes ALL recurring events in the series immediately – without any option. So, in fact, I CAN delete all instances of a recurring event series from the events list by simply clicking Trash.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Suzanne,

We changed the way things work with this in 3.0 and unfortunately could not keep the old functionality. So now, clicking Trash in the events list will delete all instances of a recurring event. If you want to delete a single instance, you must go in and edit that instance. I hope that makes sense and sorry for any confusion around this. Let me know if you have any other questions.

– Jonah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Deleting recurring events’ is closed to new replies.