Deleting recurring events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Deleting recurring events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    yvrmark
    Participant

Since upgrading to 3.0 I am not given the option to delete a single instance of a recurring event.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi yvrmark,

That should be working, it is for me at least… Can you please try deactivating all other plugins to rule out a conflict?

Thanks,
    Jonah

Suzanne
    Participant

I am experiencing the same problem (Genesis – Adorable Theme), and found no plugin conflicts. If I change something, like the dates, of a recurring event the option to change that one event or the series comes up. But, if I try to trash just one date in a series it deletes the entire series with no popup asking whether to delete just this instance or the whole series. The site is: sewvactld.com

yvrmark
    Participant

Hi Suzanne, thanks for verifying I’m not the only one with issues. I’m experiencing even more odd behaviors with recurring events – when I select a single event the toggle buttons become selected for the entire series now. I cannot even select a single event in a series.

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Suzanne,

Did you try deactivating all other plugins to see if this helps? yvrmark, did you try what I suggested as well?

Regards,
    Jonah

Suzanne
    Participant

Hi Jonah,
    Yes I did deactivate all other plugins and still am not able to delete single events in a recurring series.

yvrmark
    Participant

I did the same.

Jonah
    Participant

Ok, sorry to hear about that. I’m going to need wp-admin credentials from both of you if you want me to look into this further. I also need permission to deactivate all other plugins myself and/or switch the theme temporarily. I promise I’ll put everything back the way it was. You can post credentials here privately. Is this happening with all recurring events or only certain ones?

yvrmark
    Participant

Just a word of warning. I can actually see Suzanne’s response with the log-in details. I guess marking it private means everyone in the conversation can read the messages.

BTW, Jonah – admin credentials are not going to happen for my site. I’m sure you’re a lovely guy and all and know what you’re doing but I don’t provide access to anyone that I don’t personally know.

Needless to say I’m EXTREMELY disappointed with how this update went – actually more of an overhaul than update. Some of the functionality that I paid for is now simply not there.

Next time you need to warn people when you’re about to fundamentally change things like you did. This was not just a few tweaks, bug fixes and updates. This was a fundamentally different plug-in.

$100 well spent? Nope. Sorry.

Suzanne
    Participant

Thanks for the head’s up, yvrmark!!
    Jonah – I have deleted the admin credentials. There is just no excuse for others being able to see my confidential information in this forum. I am seriously upset about this. How can I get some real, secure help with this problem?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Suzanne,

Our apologies. This isn’t the intended behavior, its a bug that seems to have emerged with a recent code change we made and we appreciate her bringing it to our attention. We’ve disabled private replies for now as we look into the issue and in the interim can you please email the login details to pro/a/ tri.be, which we ensure you is secure.

Very sorry for the inconvenience and know that our commitment to security is 100%, and now that this is on the radar it’s a high priority to fix.

Please also be aware that the private replies feature is a third-party plugin, not our own code.

As soon as we get the login credentials, I’ll be able to look into this further.

Regards,
    Jonah

Jonah
    Participant

@yvrmark – I understand your frustration with the update, however I do want to point your attention to the forum post we made regarding the update: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/release-the-events-calendar-3-0/ – we were explicit in that this is a HUGE release and there were many things changed and we suggested the appropriate measures to take before updating.

We’re happy to help with whatever we can, but in this case without admin credentials there’s not much more we can do to help. If you’ll reconsider, please email to pro/a/tri.be.

Regards,
    Jonah

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Suzanne and @yvrmark,

Just a quick update here. We’ve patched the forums so that private replies are no longer visible to other users (except for us). If you have any further concerns, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Jonah

yvrmark
    Participant

I am curious to know what you found out in investigating through Suzanne’s site.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi @yvrmark,

I haven’t investigated Suzanne’s site because she changed the credentials she posted here and I never got any notification of an email sent. Suzanne, did you email us credentials?

– Jonah

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Deleting recurring events’ is closed to new replies.