Deleting past events in recurring events

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Deleting past events in recurring events

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JOHN S.
    Participant

I have many annually recurring events. I like to delete those scheduled in 2017, but not delete the whole series. How do I do this???

Hi John,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

If you head over to Events Settings < General, you can choose to clean up recurring events after 1 year (or whenever you’d like).  By default, this is set to 24 months.

In addition, you can give this tool a try:

https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/recurring-event-cleanup-tool/

You can also try a third-party plugin, like this one, to help you to bulk delete your events.

Let me know how it goes and if you have any other questions along the way!

Thanks,

Jaime

JOHN S.
    Participant

Jamie, I changed the clean up settings to 1 month. Yet all the 2017 recurring events are still showing up.
    How can I get this to work ???

Hi John,

Unfortunately the clean up settings may not work to retroactively clean up your events.  This set up should work for all events created after you changed this settings, however you may need to manually delete your events for now.  I’d recommend trying a third-party plugin, like this one, to help you to bulk delete your events.

Let me know how it goes and if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Deleting past events in recurring events’ is closed to new replies.