Default RSVP only with Community Tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Default RSVP only with Community Tickets

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tom Howard
    Participant

I’d like to know if there is a way to have a default RSVP ticket on every event submitted through Community Events. I do not intend to sell tickets at the moment. And I do not want community members to have a choice to include RSVP or not. I would rather just not have the ticket form available to to them at all. But then on the event details page, include the RSVP form with a standard RSVP title and description that I set.

Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance!

Geoff B.

Good evening Tom and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

I’d like to know if there is a way to have a default RSVP ticket on every event submitted through Community Events.

The answer is most probably, but that would require some customization.
    You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

You could apply the following theme override (without the PHP tag at the top) as a starting point: https://gist.github.com/GeoffEW/adfeedbc908640ba7bbf584e6622b406

If coding is not really your cup of tea, you could always hire one of our recommended customizers to do the customization for you.

I would rather just not have the ticket form available to to them at all.

The simplest way to achieve that is to hide it from the form using CSS.
    You will just need a way to populate the hidden ticket form fields with a default value of your choosing.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Tom Howard
    Participant

Looking at this process, it appears that the tickets are created first. Then the event is created with the ticket(s) associated with that event. So, I can’t just hide the RSVP form and fill in the form fields as the ticket form would need to be submitted first, wait for the response and then add that ticket to the response that goes with the event submission. Does that sound correct?

Geoff B.

Good evening Tom,

Thank you for writing back.

the tickets are created first. Then the event is created with the ticket(s) associated with that event.

That is indeed the process. In fact, this is how it works in the backend as well.

So, I can’t just hide the RSVP form and fill in the form fields as the ticket form would need to be submitted first, wait for the response and then add that ticket to the response that goes with the event submission. Does that sound correct?

That is correct.
    I am sure you could find other creative ways to accomplish this, but I am a big fan of mimicking the human process whenever possible.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Tom Howard
    Participant

So going back to the initial question, the real answer is no.

Unless there is a hook of some sorts that allows us to create the tickets on the fly but that doesn’t seem the case or you would have said something by now.

It would be ideal if there was a way to default this process as it seems more people might enjoy one or the other option without leaving it up to the community submitters.

Geoff B.

Good evening Tom,

So going back to the initial question, the real answer is no. Unless there is a hook of some sorts that allows us to create the tickets on the fly but that doesn’t seem the case or you would have said something by now.

The answer is still most probably yes. But not without some customization.

Just to set expectations, the scope of our support is mostly to get our customers started on the right track and to help them in case of issues.

We unfortunately do not provide complete support for customization.

Short of hiring a customizer, if you could spare the time, you could look at how the different views are coded for tickets and “borrow” loosely.

It would be ideal if there was a way to default this process as it seems more people might enjoy one or the other option without leaving it up to the community submitters.

I could not agree with you more. I can totally see how this could be a cool feature to have.
    I recommend you suggest it in our <u>User Voice forum</u>. That way other customers can vote for it!

We do have another feature in the works that might also serve as a solution: ticket templates.
    The idea would be to offer the ability to create ticket templates that you could simply “draw from” (instead of entering the same thing over and over again).

Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date at this point. But stay tuned!

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have unfortunately.

Have a good weekend,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Default RSVP only with Community Tickets’ is closed to new replies.