Default Event Ticket type

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Default Event Ticket type

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    fseonline
    Participant

Hello,

May I ask how to set a default ticket type please? Since we don’t wish to keep inputting the ticket type string in the field. Couldn’t find a default value setting through the knowledgebase yet.

Kind regards,

Mic

Geoff B.

Good evening Mic and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

I am not sure if what you are looking for is:

1. The ability to have a ticket template that is “pre-filled” and reusable
    2. Making sure that the RSVP ticket type does not show up

If you are looking for goal number 2, we have just the extension for you: https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/select-which-ticket-types-display-ticket-editor/

For goal number 1, your best bet would be to do a template customization and hardcode the pre-filled info. You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

Another approach would be to use JQuery in functions.php to achieve this.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

fseonline
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Sorry, I meant when creating a New Event, that when you add your first ticket the ‘Type’ comes pre-filled with the word ‘Ticket’? Please see attached screenshot:

Kind regards,

Mic

Geoff B.

Good evening Mic,

Thank you for writing back and clarifying what you are trying to accomplish.

In that case, you are trying to accomplish Goal number 1.
    The simplest solution is to use a template customization.

Just to set expectations, the scope of our support is mostly to get our customers started on the right track and to help them in case of issues. We unfortunately do not provide complete support for customization.

You can read about that here: https://theeventscalendar.com/customizations/

If coding is not really your cup of tea, you could always hire one of our recommended customizers to do the customization for you.

<span style=”font-size: 0.875rem;”>If, on the other hand, you can code a bit, there are different ways you could achieve your goal:</span>

1. Setting/forcing a default value for “type” through the functions.php file of your WordPress theme
    2. Using something like a Tampermonkey script
    3. <li style=”text-align: right;”>Using jQuery (here is an unrelated example of how that works: https://gist.github.com/GeoffEW/075787fd6b427e1c47be0d756ca5b26c)

Best regards,

Geoff B.

fseonline
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for your reply. Where may I find the ‘1. Setting/forcing a default value for “type” through the functions.php file of your WordPress theme’ if it’s just a code snippet please?

Kind regards,

Mic

Geoff B.

Good evening Mic,

That is a great question.
    I realize that I might not have communicated this correctly.

What I meant is that in our code the “type” field is set as an input.
    To find out more about the way our code works, you might want to read our Themer’s guide to get started.

Once you find the piece of code generating the input field, you can simply call up a function that populates that fields’ value.

As stated previously, the scope of our support is mostly to get our customers started on the right track and to help them in case of issues. We unfortunately do not provide complete support for customization.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have unfortunately.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

fseonline
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Okay thank you for the tip!

Kind regards,

Mic

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Mic,

Thank you for your understanding.

Just for the record, you are more than welcome to share your progress and ask questions as you go along.

Have a good weekend,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Default Event Ticket type’ is closed to new replies.