Default Country Not Set on Submit an Event Form – Status of this bug?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Default Country Not Set on Submit an Event Form – Status of this bug?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sean
    Participant

Hi. I reported this issue a few months ago, but it unfortunately still exists as of 4.2.

Because our calendar is 100% USA based, we are unable to update until this issue is fixed, as it would be a downgrade if we started forcing our users to select the country when it should be set to United States by default. Can you please provide an update on when we can expect a fix for this bug to be released? Thank you.

Geoff B.

Good evening Karly and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I would love to help you with this topic again.
    I am sorry to see this did not get resolved as I expected.

So I went ahead and investigated this a bit further.
    To make a long story short and in full disclosure, changing the behaviour here counters another important change that was made to the code which would in turn create other unwanted behaviours.

As such, the Dev notes are that they need to go back to the drawing board and re-structure this feature properly.
    All that I can tell you for now is that it is scheduled to go through one of our next maintenance release cycles.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have unfortunately.

Thank you for being on the ball as always, it helps us grow.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Sean
    Participant

Thanks Geoff. Appreciate the info on why this is still lingering. I know the next maintenance release just closed and thus a fix for this issue won’t make it into that. But hopefully the fix can be included in the following sprint/ maintenance release? We’re anxious to update to the latest versions and are just waiting for this to be resolved so we can go ahead and update.

Have a good weekend,
    Karly

Geoff B.

Good evening Karly,

Thank you for your awesome support as always.
    It’s truly appreciated and your feedback keeps us on our toes (in the best possible way)

We absolutely don’t like it when a bug lingers. I can promise you that you will be advised as soon as it is.

Have a good week-end,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Courtney

We released an update for this issue. Can you update your plugins (preferrably on a staging site) and see if that resolves the issue.

https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-13-november-2017/

Thanks
    Courtney ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Default Country Not Set on Submit an Event Form – Status of this bug?’ is closed to new replies.