Default calendar view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Default calendar view

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Claffy
    Participant

I have my default calendar view set to photo. I am using themeforest total theme. it always opens to month view. How do I fix this?

Geoff B.

Good evening Thomas and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the default calendar view not working properly when set to photo.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Could you tell me which version of the total theme you are using ?
    I just ran a test with version 3.5.3 of that theme and the photo view displayed correctly.

Secondly, would you mind changing the default view to month, saving the settings and then change it back to photo view to see if that helps.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Thomas Claffy
    Participant

I am running 3.6.0 the very latest release. It was same problem under the prior release. Being a programmer my firt attempt at debugging was to changed the setting several times to different things and test. Nothing shows as the default except the monthly calendar. I will open an item with wpexplorer since you seem to have no idea why this does not work.

Thomas Claffy
    Participant

Actually it was simply because it’s my main page which should have told you that I was adding it by using shortcodes which apparently completely override that setting in the backend. This is a new pro feature and the one that brought me back. But I guess you didn’t bother to actually look at my site. So I went thru disabling everything including the pro and when only that shortcode showed on the screen it set off a bell about the options. Rather hard to find on your site but I added view = “list” and the world is right again. You can help me by helping the next guy better and mark this as complete and look at my other ticket where it’s a real pita to access support because I have a refund on a prior purchase that always says my license is expired.

Geoff B.

Good evening Thomas,

Thank you for writing back.

Actually, I am simply saying that I cannot reproduce the issue for now.

Could you please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

The other thing you could do is to go through our testing for conflicts procedure (preferably in a staging/dev environment or local install of your WordPress website) and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1. Make a backup of your database
    2. Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Thomas Claffy
    Participant

Geoff, I am using Total by wpexploer however this same issue happens in 2016 so it is your code not a theme conflict. Set you home page to a static page and put nothing on that page but [tribe-events]. In your setting enable all views in events->settings->display->enable event views and then set your default view to anything but month since it’s the 1st view enabled. Now go to the home page and it will show the month view because it is the 1st enabled view. Now as you disable each view from the top down, this page will show the 1st enabled view. Empirical proof that the default view is not being used but rather the 1st view enabled. Additionally, the shortcode provided by YOUR PLUGIN clearly indicates that that shortcode overrides the default setting as it provides a “list” parameter. Please see your documentation here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/embedding-calendar-views-tribe_events-shortcode/.

screenrage
    Participant

I just installed fresh copy of the Pro version and have the same problem. I am using the shortcode to display the calendar on my main home page and it always defaults to month view even thought I have set the default views under Settings to LIST.

HELP!

Thomas Claffy
    Participant

screenrage. Look at the documentation in the link in my reply. Add the parameters specified to get the default view that you want on that page.

Geoff B.

Good evening Thomas,

Thank you for writing back.

I apologize for the delay in answering.
    Just to set expectations, it can take between 24-48 hours depending on the volume we are dealing with. You can read more about this here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/what-support-is-provided-for-license-holders/

You are absolutely right, there seems to be a bug on this recently released feature. You are also right about the correct workaround, adding a parameter to the shortcode (e.g.: [tribe_eventsview=”list”]).

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date at this point. But stay tuned, you will be contacted when the fix is released.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Default calendar view’ is closed to new replies.