Dates aren't saved when community submits an event

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Dates aren't saved when community submits an event

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Paul Reeve
    Participant

Pur process is that our community uses your online form to submit an event, which saves as draft for review and then publishing.
    When editing the submitted event, the dates aren’t not being captured correctly and are being reset to 1 Jan 1970.

Patricia

Hey Paul,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Can you please share with us the link to the community events submission form in your site?

I’ve just tried to access it via http://biomedvic.xing.net.au/events/community/add and it doesn’t seem to be working.

Also, if your CE submission form requires the users to be logged in to submit, please send us a temporary user name and password (via private reply) so we can further investigate your case.

Thanks!

Paul Reeve
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
    The link to the submission form is
    http://biomedvic.xing.net.au/events/submit-an-event/add
    As far as im aware, you dont need to be logged in to submit.
    As way of further background, we have inherited this site from a previous
    developer and have been the process of upgrading and migrating it to a new
    server. Our concern is that there has been some custom dev in the
    background, as we have found for other features, but cannot seem to get
    anywhere with this one
    thanks again
    P

Patricia

Hi Paul,

I’ve just submitted a Modern Tribe test event from your Community Events submission form, please feel free to remove/delete it anytime you want.

00:00:00 1 January 1970 is the beginning of the Unix time system: for some reason the time for submitted events are reset to default after submission and/or are never submitted at all.

It looks like there is a conflict with another plugin, with your WordPress theme or with a template customization for Community Events that requires updating.

Since I can’t replicate the issue you are experiencing from here, I would suggest you to run our Conflicts Test to verify if there’s a plugin or theme conflict causing the problem.

You can start the test by temporarily changing your theme to another one like Twenty Seventeen and deactivating all of your plugins (except Modern Tribe plugins) and let us know if the issue persists after that.

Please share with us your test results. If you need anything else in the mean time, please let me know and I’ll be happy to assist!

Best regards,

Patricia

Paul Reeve
    Participant

This reply is private.

Patricia

This reply is private.

Paul Reeve
    Participant

This reply is private.

Patricia

This reply is private.

Paul Reeve
    Participant

This reply is private.

Patricia

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Dates aren't saved when community submits an event’ is closed to new replies.