Date Picker Non-Existant?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Date Picker Non-Existant?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Philip
    Participant

Is there supposed to be a date picker for the “Event Time & Date” area on the public submission form? Mine doesn’t have it and it keeps submitting the wrong date no matter what I do.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Philip,

You should indeed see a date picker when you click into one of the date fields.

Are you running the latest versions of The Events Calendar (4.6.8) and Events Calendar Pro (4.4.20.1)? If not, try updating to see if that solves the issue.

If not, then I suspect there is something else on your site conflicting with the plugin and preventing the date picker from displaying. The first thing I would recommend is to check the console for Javascript errors – after clicking in the box to enter the date, right-click the page, select “Inspect” and then console, and copy/paste any errors you see into your reply.

To find the source of the conflict (if there is one), please run through the steps outlined here. If you don’t currently have a staging site and don’t want to disable things on your live site, the free WP Staging plugin will let you create a quick copy of your live site that you can use for testing.

Please let me know what you find, and if you could also share your system info with me, that would be helpful as well.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Philip
    Participant

I am running the latest versions of the plugins.

I have disabled all plugins, except those for The Events Calendar. Still getting the following errors. I am not sure what to make of it.

While my site is publicly accessible, It is not really live.

http://www.genealogytalk.com

Philip L. Hayes
    [email protected]

Sirius Innovations, LLC
    Phone: (203) 428-4180 (ext 8100)
    Phone: (203) 428-4181
    Fax: (866) 861-3293
    http://www.siriusinnovations.com

“Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.”

Philip
    Participant

I disabled the WP-Prosperity theme and and it seems to have corrected the issue. Any known issues with that theme?

Philip L. Hayes
    [email protected]

Sirius Innovations, LLC
    Phone: (203) 428-4180 (ext 8100)
    Phone: (203) 428-4181
    Fax: (866) 861-3293
    http://www.siriusinnovations.com

“Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.”

Philip
    Participant

Ok… I’m stuck. I don’t know if there is anything I can do. The error message is not very clear.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Philip,

Thanks for running through those steps! I don’t see any reports so far of issues between this theme and the date picker. It sounds like you might have tried to include some errors that you are getting on that page? If so, they unfortunately didn’t come through…can you try copying and pasting them directly into the message box or attaching any screenshots directly on the site? Attachments unfortunately do not come through when replying via email.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Philip
    Participant

Here is the error being generated with all plugins disabled.

[Error] Dropdowns framework cannot properly do an AJAX request without the WordPress ajaxurl variable setup.
    ajaxurl (dropdowns.min.js:1:5171)
    element (dropdowns.min.js:1:3969)
    each (jquery.js:2:2886)
    each (jquery.js:2:851)
    dropdown (dropdowns.min.js:1:6430)
    tribe_dropdowns (dropdowns.min.js:1:430)
    (anonymous function) (dropdowns.min.js:1:6706)
    i (jquery.js:2:27455)
    fireWith (jquery.js:2:28215)
    ready (jquery.js:2:30018)
    K (jquery.js:2:30374)
    [Error] ReferenceError: Can’t find variable: tribe_datepicker_opts
    init_recurrence (events-recurrence.js:42)
    init (events-recurrence.js:13)
    (anonymous function) (events-recurrence.js:1141)
    i (jquery.js:2:27455)
    fireWith (jquery.js:2:28215)
    ready (jquery.js:2:30018)
    K (jquery.js:2:30374)
    [Error] TypeError: i.$timepickers.timepicker is not a function. (In ‘i.$timepickers.timepicker(“option”,”disableTouchKeyboard”,!1)’, ‘i.$timepickers.timepicker’ is undefined)
    resize.tribe (tribe-events-community.min.js:1:1189)

Philip
    Participant

Any progress on this? I need to get this fixed ASAP or request a refund and move to another calendar plug-in. We were hoping to go live this weekend.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Philip,

I’m sorry about the delayed response here! I would first recommend making sure that you are running the latest versions of WordPress (4.9.1) and our plugins – The Events Calendar 4.6.8, Events Calendar Pro 4.4.20.1, and Community Events 4.5.8.

Since I haven’t seen any other users reporting the same issue with this theme, updating might solve the issue. If not, we are a bit limited in the amount of support that we can provide for theme conflicts, but I would like to help you get this resolved – could you please send a copy of your theme (as a Dropbox link) so that I can test it out on my end? Please make sure to share your system info with me as well.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Date Picker Non-Existant?’ is closed to new replies.