Data that appear in each box

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Data that appear in each box

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Poignant stephane

hello

I do not understand why I have data that appear in each box.

Data-day = “30”
    Data-day = “31”

Thanks you
    Stephane

http://www.universityrh.com

George
    Participant

Hi Stephane,

These data attributes are essential to how our calendar runs on the page, they help in a number of functions and actions to help us keep events showing on the correct days in a given month.

Does that help at all? If not, let us know in more detail what you’re curious about in regards to these data attributes.

Further, these attributes should not cause any problems on your page, and they’re also HTML5 valid – do you find this to be true, or are you having problems related to the data attributes? If so, explain them in detail.

Thanks!
    George

doeanderson
    Participant

I am also seeing this behavior after upgrading. In Chrome devtools it appears that the <td> tags with class “tribe-events-othermonth tribe-events-past mobile-trigger tribe-event-day-30” are not closed (of course this example is just for the othermonth but it persists across the entire calendar view.) It only appears on the /calendar landing page. I’m sorry but I do not have a public URL to provide, but I can provide screenshots.

doeanderson
    Participant

I narrowed this down to a conflict with the Shortcodes Ultimate plugin, which fortunately has a setting to “Disable custom formatting.”

George
    Participant

Hi @doeanderson,

The things you mentioned are quite different than what Stephane mentioned, although I’m glad you were able to find the source of that conflict on your site.

Stephane, do you have any thoughts on my original response to you here?

To clarify, the data-day attributes are not problematic things, or HTML-invalid or anything like that.

Let us know if you have any feedback on this or other questions or concerns.

Thanks!
    George

Alan

I’m willing to bet it’s the same thing. Here’s a screenshot:

Screenshot

George
    Participant

Hi Alan,

If you’re running into that problem on your site, I’d recommend running through the troubleshooting steps outlined here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/

If you run through those steps and check on your issue after each step, what do you find?

Thanks!
    George

Alan

Sorry for the confusion, but I’m doeanderson above (answering via two different routes.)

It was a plugin conflict with Shortcodes Ultimate.

George
    Participant

Okay, thanks for the update Alan.

This is an odd thread. You, Alan, had a specific issue, and now that’s resolved.

And the original poster seemed to just be asking why the data-day attributes, which has been answered here, and no further response has been heard from them, so for now I will close up this ticket.

If anyone in this thread has further questions about this, or any other issues on your site for that matter, come back and open a new forum thread any time! 🙂

Cheers,
    George

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Data that appear in each box’ is closed to new replies.