Daily recurring events not showing on day view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Daily recurring events not showing on day view

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Karen Newman
    Participant

Daily recurring events not showing on day view

I’m having an issue with daily recurring events not showing on my day view page. Here are the steps I took to create my recurring event.

• Entered a title
    • Entered a description
    • Set the recurrence rules to “Every Day” and set the end date as “2016-12-31”
    • Added images to come Advanced Custom Fields, fields
    • Saved post.

All the recurring events were created, however when I look at the day view for today, the event does not show. I did a bit of digging and I noticed in the admin section that all the events have the start and end date for the first event. For example, if the event started on 11/26/16 and ended on 11/26/16 (an all day event), all the recurring events had a start and end date of 11/26/16 in those fields, however in the list view of events, the start and end date are correct.

I also followed the same steps above but chose custom for recurrence rules and set to end on 2016-12-31 and to happen daily every 1 day, and I got the same results with the event not showing on the day page.

I think this has to do with the the recurring events not getting the correct start and end dates.

I hope this make sense, let me know if more information is needed.

Geoff B.

Good evening JamesĀ and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the recurring events not working properly for you.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

The reason I am asking is that somehow the list of your plugins is not showing up in the current system information we received.

Secondly, could you please share a screenshot of your recurring event rules so that I can try to replicate ?

Hang in there!

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Karen Newman
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Hey James,

Thank you for the screenshots and system info.

That allowed me to reproduce the issue.
    You are right! This is a bug that is specific to the day view.

Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date at this point. But stay tuned, you will be contacted when the fix is released.

In the meantime, it’s not much of a workaround, but if you switch from all-day events to an event with a start and end time, the bug vanishes.

Hang in there as we quash this bug for you!

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Karen Newman
    Participant

Thanks foe the update Geoff! I’ll give your suggestion a try and see if it works.

Geoff B.

Hey James,

Thank you for your understanding.

Yes, please keep me in the loop.

On my end, I made sure this gets flagged and treated in a timely manner.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Nico

Hi there,

Just wanted to let you know that this issue (all day daily recurring events not showing in day view) seems to be fixed in the current version of the plugins. Before declining the ticket we would like to know if you are still experiencing said bug with latest versions of our plugins, to be sure we are not missing something here.

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Daily recurring events not showing on day view’ is closed to new replies.