Customizer

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Rance
    Participant

Cannot modify colors or make changes in the customizer, under The Events Calendar.
    The dialog keeps closing after I select it.
    > Customizer
    >The Events Calendar
    > General Themes (Opens)
    > When I try to modify color by clicking, it opens briefly and closes.
    > This happens in Global Elements, Month/Week View, List-Styles Views, Photo View, Single Event View, and Widget View

Courtney

Hello Rance

Does this same thing happen when you go through the Testing for Conflicts https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/ guide?

I am wondering if this happens when you use a default theme in particular, or if some other plugin is creating a conflict.

Please keep me posted. I hope we can narrow this down quickly.

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Rance
    Participant

Hello Courtney,
    It is a custom theme. The issue started with the last update.
    Is there a link that I may revert back to privious update. Thank you much!

Courtney

Sure Rance

Go to My Account ยป Downloads and select the version from there.

I would still be interested in knowing if you find the source of this conflict, as other custom theme developers may face the same issue.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Rance
    Participant

Hey Courtney,

I have tried everything I know. I reverted to previous version, I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled,
    I’ve followed the suggested troubleshooting guide. I still can’t make changes in customizer. I’ve flushed cache, tried different browsers. Suggestions??

Courtney

Hello Rance

Could you please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website. This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

Finally, there is JQuery cookie issue in the Google Chrome console, so I suspect there is indeed some conflict on that installation. Using Your Browser to Diagnose JavaScript Errors

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Rance
    Participant

Hey Courtney,

I’m absolutely fine with sharing the credentials from our site, if that
    would help? That way you can see first hand what’s going on. Let me know?

Thanks for all ur help??

Courtney

Hello Rance

Could you send us the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive)? We will take a look at this and test it locally.

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Rance
    Participant

This reply is private.

Rance
    Participant

This reply is private.

Courtney

Hello Rance

With your theme, we can’t replicate the problem. I have tested, as has another team member. Can you run through the Testing for Conflicts Guide https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/ one more time. (keep the theme active, keep our plugins active, but disable everything else and see if you can pinpoint the conflict, if there is one).

Are you seeing this with only a specific browser? I checked with Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Rance
    Participant

Hey Courtney,

Went thru the process and still experienceing the same issue.
    It’s in all browsers and I’ve cleared history as well as cache.
    I can’t figure it out and I still cannot modify the events calendar in customizer.
    ?

Courtney

Hello Rance

Have you tested on a variety of machines (especially with any browser extensions/add-ons disabled)? And from different locations? I’m really sorry we are unable to reproduce this issue.

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Customizer’ is closed to new replies.