Customize – Need additional cost fields, and something that doesn't make sense

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Customize – Need additional cost fields, and something that doesn't make sense

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    theresajennings
    Participant

I created two additional “other” text fields for additional costs. I need to move these fields below the current “Cost” field on the event creation. I could probably dig into the core files and move the code, but then it might break on the next update. What php file is it in so I can do something in my child theme?

This doesn’t look like a theme or plugin incompatibility. This looks like an option that’s not available even on the Pro version.
    ———-
    Also, I notice that even though I’ve chosen the dollar sign, when I enter an amount, the dollar sign doesn’t show up. I have to put the dollar sign in front of the number in the cost field. That doesn’t make sense.
    ———
    When will the plugin’s search have the ability to filter by category?

Barry

Hi theresajennings,

You’re right that editing core plugin code is, generally, a bad idea. In this case you’d need to work with the Tribe Meta Walker – we’ve got documentation on doing just that over here (linked to from our tutorials page). In essence, you probably will be aiming to unregister those fields from one group and register them with another.

For your second question, please take a look at this related thread and proposed solution. We do have this on our bug tracker, though, so in a future release that workaround should cease to be necessary.

Last but not least, we are building a filters plugin which may meet your search requirements and as soon as it is ready an announcement will be made – so keeping an eye on our blog or ensuring you are subscribed to our newsletters is a great idea to stay up-to-date 🙂

Please note that we prefer to stick to one issue per thread – so if you need any further support on the last two questions I would ask that you break them out into new threads.

Thanks!

theresajennings
    Participant

I don’t speak enough PHP to understand what Tribe Meta Walker is doing. I know enough to make little changes here and there and move some stuff around. So “register” and “unregister” – not so much.

Will keep threads separate in future. Sorry. I was trying to be efficient.

Barry

No problem at all – it just helps to avoid confusion (if other users are researching the forum for existing answers, for instance) and also allows us to provide more timely assistance, as different team members can assist with different issues – plus I might for instance know nothing about “problem A” and decide a colleague would be better placed to answer that thread, but be happy to answer “problem B” instead.

Anyway, that’s no problem at all.

I can also appreciate your viewpoint about the Tribe Meta Walker. Playing with this certainly counts as an advanced customization and it does indeed require careful study.

As in your other thread, we can offer up a list of freelancers if you need more assistance than we can provide – so please let me know there if you do – and as I don’t think there is too much more we can do in this thread I will go ahead and close it.

Thanks again!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Customize – Need additional cost fields, and something that doesn't make sense’ is closed to new replies.