Customize Imported Fields

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Customize Imported Fields

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    atomicdust
    Participant

Hello,

We have a calendar feed that looks like this:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
    VERSION:2.0
    METHOD:REQUEST
    X-PUBLISHED-TTL:PT2H
    BEGIN:VEVENT
    UID:12579
    DTSTAMP:20170410T161732Z
    organizer:bodeg@#########.###
    DTSTART:20160103T210000Z
    DESCRIPTION:Guest Housing - Modular Graduate Students (20 rooms)
    SUMMARY:Guest Housing
    DTEND:20160117T170000Z
    PRIORITY:5
    CLASS:PUBLIC
    END:VEVENT
    END:VCALENDAR

I was hoping to tie into the Aggregator with filters and change event statuses based on “CLASS:PUBLIC” (or PRIVATE), amongst other changes. However, it seems the import actually is converted to JSON and stored on ea.theeventscalendar.com? Is that correct? And in that JSON feed the CLASS is not stored.

Can someone confirm if there is any way to work with custom data like this during the import?

Thanks.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums!

Great question you have there, let me try to answer that for you.

Event Aggregator supports the standards of iCal (and other services where it can import from). Customizations are not officially supported.

Also Event Aggregator is a service running on our servers, so converting the data from the provided source and converting it to “The Events Calendar-data” is done on our side, however the data is not stored. We simply do not have the capacity to store all that data that is running through our servers, so all of them are automatically purged after a short period of time.

The only way of working with custom data that comes to my head would be using a csv file, where you can map the columns to the different fields.

Does this clarify the question for you? Let me know.

Cheers,
    Andras

atomicdust
    Participant

That helps, thanks.

atomicdust
    Participant

Would it be possible to have my license key voided and receive a refund? It won’t be useable to me in this fashion. Thanks.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Lauren,

I’m sorry to hear this will not work out for you.

You can submit a refund request on the below page where you can also read about our refund policy, and one of my colleagues will process it as soon as possible.

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/refund-policy/

In the comments field, after giving an explanation, you can also paste in the URL to this thread to speed up the process.

In case you change your mind or decide to use our products in the future, we’ll be here to support you.

I’ll leave this thread still open in case you would have any other questions regarding this before the refund.

Cheers and good luck with your project,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Customize Imported Fields’ is closed to new replies.