Customization

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Customization

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mindaji
    Participant

We purchased the Events Calendar PRO and started to customize it. As structured according to the documentation (https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/), we created the folders in our child theme (store-front-child) as:

../storefront-child/tribe-events/pro/list/single-event.php

We made some changes for testing in the file. But nothing happens. We tried similar steps in another Events Ticket. Nothing happens either. We have tried for many times with no success.

Is there anything missing in the steps shown by the documentation?

Thanks to anyone who can help resolve this issue!

Minda

Minda

Geoff B.

Good evening Minda and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the struggles you have been encountering while doing template customizations. I would love to help you with this topic.

What is probably going on is that there is something off with the path under ../storefront-child/tribe-events/pro/

For instance, there is no single-event.php file that would normally go under ../storefront-child/tribe-events/pro/list/

However, depending on which file you are trying to customize, there are other valid paths for that file:

1. ../storefront-child/tribe-events/pro/map/single-event.php
    2. ../storefront-child/tribe-events/pro/photo/single-event.php
    3. Etc..

The best to handle this is to open up the file you are customizing and look at the header comments in the file itself. It should provide you with precisely the correct path.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you also please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

mindaji
    Participant

Hi, Geoff:
    Thanks for your reply! I will try it according to the path specified in the file.

Minda

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Minda,

Awesome. Please keep me posted with your findings.

Have a good weekend,

Geoff B.

mindaji
    Participant

Hi, Geoff:
    I am testing the customization. Some paths are specified in the header section, some are not. Is there any specific customization guide from you regarding “Community Events” only?

Minda

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Mina,

Could you please share the files that do not have paths specified in the header section ?
    Just to set expectations, normally only views are possible to tweak using the template customizations.

As per your question, the themer’s guide is for every view and there is a dedicated section for Community events in there.

The view files typically go to one of the following locations (based on their path in the original plugin):

• [your-theme]/tribe-events/community/
    • [your-theme]/tribe-events/community/modules/
    • [your-theme]/tribe-events/community/columns/

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Customization’ is closed to new replies.