Custom Queries for Community Events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Custom Queries for Community Events

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tiana

Hi there,
    I’m looking at purchasing the Community Events plugin – it seems to be what we need but I wanted to make sure with a few questions:

Some background – we basically want to use the plugin to create an editorial calendar of sorts with our clients. The client would submit their information via form and we’d put it in a review status for us to prepare what they’ve submitted. We like the calendar portion because once we approve it, we like being able to show the “event” on the date they provided in the calendar view, indicating that’s the day their content will be ready and posted.

The questions that came up during research for this plugin are:
    1. Does the form allow for uploading, such as images or zip files of assets?
    2. How can we create multiple calendars for each client so that they only see what they’ve submitted/what we’re working on for them?
    3. Kind of a 2nd part to the previous question, we saw documentation on custom queries – which looks like we could have multiple views of the calendar based on categories (which we’d name after the clients) – but how can the calendar be viewed on multiple pages? Is there a shortcode or php for a template to actually display the calendar based on the custom query? This is because we’d like to place these calendars on password protected pages for each client to access.

Thanks much for your help 🙂

George
    Participant

Hey Tiana,

Thanks for reaching out, and for your interest in our plugins! I am happy to answer each of them as follows:

1. Does the form allow for uploading, such as images or zip files of assets?

• Sort of — there is support out-of-the-box for uploading images (check out this screenshot for reference), but there is not support for this by default for other types of files, including zip files. There’s also not an easy way of adding support for those file types.

2. How can we create multiple calendars for each client so that they only see what they’ve submitted/what we’re working on for them?

• At this time, you cannot truly have multiple calendars. Check out this Knowledgebase article to learn more about why not, and what workarounds exist for this problem ? https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/can-you-have-multiple-calendars/
    • ☝️ In our next release, version 4.3, this will be changing slightly. You will be able to display multiple calendars, but only unfortunately by category and such. Even in the next version, it is not quite possible to have calendars that only show events from certain posters or submitters. 🙁

3. Kind of a 2nd part to the previous question, we saw documentation on custom queries – which looks like we could have multiple views of the calendar based on categories (which we’d name after the clients) – but how can the calendar be viewed on multiple pages? Is there a shortcode or php for a template to actually display the calendar based on the custom query? This is because we’d like to place these calendars on password protected pages for each client to access.

• There are not any shortcodes or templates for multi-page calendars, if I understand your questions here accurately. You can implement some basic password restriction using a plugin like Restrict Content, but otherwise it is not easily possible.
    • When it comes to custom queries, you can indeed write these or hire someone to write them for you, but it’s unfortunately not something we can help with over customer support, even for folks with premium licenses.

Sorry for some disappointing news here! I hope this reply is helpful nonetheless—let me know if so and if there are any other questions that I can try to help with.

Sincerely,
    George

Tiana

Hi George!

Not disappointing at all! The link for the appearance of multiple calendars totally eliminates the need for custom queries and answers how do we get special category views for each password protected page. Thanks for that!

George
    Participant

Awesome! Glad to help, Tiana.

Open a new thread any time if other issues or questions arise. 😀

Cheers,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom Queries for Community Events’ is closed to new replies.