Custom Product Name/SKU in WooCommerce

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Custom Product Name/SKU in WooCommerce

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Joshua
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m wondering if there’s a function I can hook into to customize the Product Name & SKU generated for each ticket type in WooCommerce. We have events every night with “General Admission” tickets and we’d prefer not to put the event name in the Ticket Type, but we would like the event name (and possibly date) to be in the WooCommerce Product Name and SKU so we can easily identify which General Admission ticket belongs to which event in the WooCommerce Products list (right now it’s just a long list of “General Admission”).

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Joshua!

Just to clarify what you’re looking for here, are you trying to avoid having to type the event name into the ticket type field manually each time you create a ticket (but still have the event name as part of the ticket name on the front end), or do you want the event name to appear <i>only</i> on the back end for filtering purposes? When the ticket is saved (and created in WooCommerce), the text in the ticket type field is set as the name in WooCommerce, which is the name that appears on the front end.

So, you could potentially do what you’re looking for via a customization, but the approach will be different depending on how you would like the ticket name displayed on the front end. If you can clarify exactly how you would like this to work, I’ll be happy to point you in the right direction!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Joshua
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for getting back to me. I’m looking for something purely on the backend, in the WooCommerce Product listing (see attached screenshot – we’d like each of those “General Admission” products to include the event name, and have the SKU automatically include the name and date).
    We’d prefer to keep the “General Admission” name on the front end as it would be somewhat redundant to include the event name there.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Thanks for clarifying Joshua!

Since this is a WooCommerce page (it does not come from our plugins), you would need to review the WooCommerce documentation:

Customizing WooCommerce Best Practices

WooCommerce Docs

As a starting point on grabbing the ticket information that you want to add to the title, our functions list should be helpful.

We are limited in the amount of support that we can provide for customizations, but I hope this helps get you started! If you would like to have the code done for you, we do have a list of recommended developers that you could contact. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom Product Name/SKU in WooCommerce’ is closed to new replies.