Custom Fields Check Box Display Issue on Community Events Submission Form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Custom Fields Check Box Display Issue on Community Events Submission Form

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Christopher Shomo
    Participant

Hi! After adding custom fields, the check boxes that appear on the front end submission form do not line up properly. They appear adjusted up about 30 pixels and not in line with the proper label. I can give access to the site if you need to see, but need password to bypass placeholder while site is in development.

Thanks for all your help!

Barry

Hi Christopher,

I suspect this may relate to your theme’s CSS and so I would indeed need to be able to take a peek to assist further (you can share anything we need to do that via private reply).

Thanks!

Christopher Shomo
    Participant

This reply is private.

Christopher Shomo
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi Christopher,

Unfortunately the login – which I’ll need to be able to see the check boxes issue – seems not to work 🙁

Can you confirm it is still valid?

Barry

On your other question – about renaming text – lots of people find the Say What plugin to be a really easy tool for that kind of modification 🙂

Christopher Shomo
    Participant

Hi Barry! The placeholder is down at the moment so you shouldn’t have to login… unless you need admin privileges, let me know. I’ll check the login I sent over. Thanks for the plugin link – will check it out!

Christopher Shomo
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Thanks!

(Though the placeholder is down, you’ve required that users login before they can access the Community Events submission form — just to clarify my request 🙂 )

The following custom CSS ought to help:

.event-custom-fields td:nth-child(2) input {
         width: auto;
     }

.event-custom-fields td:nth-child(2) label {
         display: block;
     }

You could add this via a custom CSS plugin or via a tribe-events-community.css stylesheet (or if you have another approach you prefer, that’s probably fine too).

Last but not least, I owe you an apology! This does turn out to be reproducible and is an issue with our own CSS, not that of your theme. I’ll log this as a bug to be addressed in a future release.

I hope that helps!

Christopher Shomo
    Participant

Thank you thank you! Wow- great support team! I used the Say What plugin and it worked beautifully. The CSS fix worked like a charm.

I fixed the username (updated in private response) in case you need to login for this last thing. I’m trying to make a custom field required – in this case “benefits local non-profit.” See screenshot.

That’s the last thing and the events system for the site should be perfect!

Thanks! 🙂

Barry

Glad that worked — and my apologies for the delayed response.

The following knowledgebase article may help you in terms of requiring various fields in the Community Events submission form:

theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/required-fields-for-events-submission-form

Please note though that we try hard to stick to one issue per topic, so if you need any more help with this question specifically it would be best to create a new support topic 🙂

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Nico

Hey,

Just wanted to share with you that a new Community Events release is out, including a fix for this issue ?

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/community-events-4-5-refresh/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom Fields Check Box Display Issue on Community Events Submission Form’ is closed to new replies.