Custom Event Attendee collecting fields not showing up

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Custom Event Attendee collecting fields not showing up

• This topic has 10 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Katrina.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Katrina
    Participant

I believe there is an issue in my page – although I have disabled plugins and switched to the default theme? When the user clicks to increase the quantity of tickets being purchased no additional form fields are being shown. I can supply link in Private reply.

Katrina
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Katrina
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Katrina
    Participant

Due to the time between my reply and yours, most likely due to time zone difference, I am unable to get permission to do this from my boss.

Can you please run a debug on the site as it is and see what can be conflicting? I have run Firebug on it but it shows no errors, no conflicts and no breakpoints in the Javascript.

What else can it be?

KD

George
    Participant

There are no JavaScript errors page, but I am able to see the necessary markup for the Attendee fields on your page.

They are just not showing up.

• Have you made any changes to any aspect of the plugin code for The Events Calendar, Event Tickets, Event Tickets Plus, or Events Calendar Pro in any way?

• If so, please undo those changes so that the plugins are the same as they are when freshly downloaded and unedited. In this state, does anything improve?

— George

Katrina
    Participant

I have not modified the files in any way, they are exactly as downloaded.

What markup should I be seeing? I can run a source code check on all my local files and track any changes back against the repo, and see if/what changed.

George
    Participant

Hey Katrina,

Thanks for confirming this. When it comes to the exact markup you’re looking for, all of the correct markup exists on the generated page you linked me to, and since you said you haven’t modified any files, the markup is ostensibly (and seems to be) totally fine within the files themselves.

So the best thing I can recommend here is the troubleshooting steps, though as noted above this is not quite feasible.

With that in mind, is there any way you could set up a staging site or development version of your site, or even a local copy of it? There are tons of ways to do this — you should first contact your web host to see if they offer any automated tools for generating this, or could set up one for you. If they can’t, then Googling should reveal a ton of ways to make local copies of WordPress sites, and there are indeed a number of products that make it easier, too.

Once you have a dev, staging, or local copy of your site, confirm the issue occurs, and then do the troubleshooting steps I linked to before on this dev/local site (https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/)

What are your thoughts on this? I only recommend this because of these important facts:

• We cannot recreate this problem ourselves
    • No other customers are currently reporting this
    • There are no JavaScript errors visible on your page
    • There are no file modifications to the files

Thank you!
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom Event Attendee collecting fields not showing up’ is closed to new replies.