Custom Calendar View List View Possible?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Custom Calendar View List View Possible?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    blrd

I’m hoping someone can help me with some questions.

A client (a movie theater, booking movies, selling tickets) likes/wants the List View option because it shows details of the event (pictures, times, etc). But the client would like a constantly VISIBLE Calendar that acts as a DatePicker. They want to click the calender on the right and have data populated in the List View section on the left. The client would ALSO like this to appear on the HOME page. Not a separate ‘calendar’ page.

The Community(?) option is also an attractive option. Ideally, it would be nice for clients to update the events, without having to know anything about WordPress.

My concern, is …customization. And how much would be required.

Can someone provide some answers to these questions? (What to buy and/or customize) Please & Thank you.

Geoff

Hey there! Thanks for reaching out and checking out the plugins. πŸ™‚

The Events Calendar isΒ very extensive as far as being able to modify views and create your own. I will say though that the layout you’re describing does sound like it would take a fair amount of custom development to accomplish. Not impossible, for sure, but definitely some lifting and custom code would be needed. I would suggest starting with the free version of The Events Calendar, reading through our Themer’s Guide and documentation, and see if you will have enough to make the layout you need.

The Community(?) option is also an attractive option. Ideally, it would be nice for clients to update the events, without having to know anything about WordPress.

For sure! Community Events is perfect for that because all the event submissions come from the front end of the website rather than having to log in and navigate through WordPress.

I honestly do not think you will need to purchase Events Calendar PRO to get started. The free version can be customized to suit your needs and then Community Events can be added on top of that, should you decide that front-end submissions would be handy.

Does this help answer your questions? Please let me know. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

blfrd

Thanks for the reply. (Thought I would get an email notification?)

I will definitely take a look at the documentation.

A datepicker that updates the ListView would make for a very cool add-on.

Thanks for your time!

Geoff

My pleasure! Thanks so much for following up. πŸ™‚

You know, we actually do have a datepicker for List View — it’s just not as apparent as you might think. If you check out this demo site over here and click the “Dates From” field in the top bar, it will trigger a calendar datepicker that updates the list of events.

Sorry if I misunderstood that the first time around, but is that closer to what you were hoping for?

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there!

I see my last reply was marked as the correct answer. I’ll go ahead and close this thread but please feel free to open another one if you have any other questions and we’d be happy to help. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom Calendar View List View Possible?’ is closed to new replies.