CSV Upload Not Updating Existing Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO CSV Upload Not Updating Existing Events

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Hyla Crane
    Participant

I am uploading events via the regular CSV file upload. I made some changes to my CSV but when I re-imported it duplicated the events. Why is that? How can I get it to update existing events? The name etc did not change, just some dates.

George
    Participant

Hey Hyla!

It sounds like you’re trying to use our CSV import tool as almost a “bulk-edit” tool. In other words, for example, it sounds like if you import a CSV file of events one time, you want to then be able to edit the CSV events en masse and then re-import the CSV file. And then the already-imported events in your wp-admin will modify themselves accordingly, incorporating the changes from the CSV file.

Is this correct? If so, then unfortunately our CSV importer will not function in this way and you will not be able to get this to work other than how you currently find it.

If this is not an accurate summary of how you’re trying to use our CSV importer, then my apologies for misunderstanding your goals. In this case though, can you please do both of the following things?

1. Post your site’s complete, un-edited System Information according to the instructions found in this article → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

2. Upload your CSV file somewhere where it can be downloaded, then share a link to this place so that we can download that CSV file and test it out ourselves.

↑ These two steps will give us information that should help us figure out what is going on here.

Thanks,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘CSV Upload Not Updating Existing Events’ is closed to new replies.