CSV Importing in 3.0

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions CSV Importing in 3.0

• This topic has 9 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years ago by Rob.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Lorenzo

I saw a previous discussion thread saying that this will be a feature in 3.0, is that still the case and is it going to be for the paid version only?
    Here’s the thread I found:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/event-import-from-csv-file/#post-31591
    Thank you!

Rob

Hey Lorenzo. Thanks for your interest here. We were originally intending to bundle the CSV importer with the original 3.0 release (as a core feature), but development / feature creep forced us to re-evaluate that. We are definitely still planning on implementing and integrating into one of the first post-3.0 releases (likely 3.1) but it’s not going to ship with the initial build.

Hope that helps and sorry I couldn’t offer anything more. If you have other questions, let me know.

Lorenzo

Thank you for the response. I guess that means I have to import via SQL…are there any conversation threads you could recommend regarding this? Regardless, I’ll get to searching through the forums.

Thank you!

Rob

Hey Lorenzo. I just did a quick search on this end, and it looks like based on this thread (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/event-import/) it might be tough without building something manually.

Apologies that I couldn’t offer more there. If you have any more questions on this stuff, definitely let me know.

Dave

Regarding SQL import, is there a database schema for the Calendar?
    Or, suggested a suggested SQL script?

Rob

Hi Dave. You’re asking if there’s a document (database schema) that describes the tables in the database for the calendar, right? If so: we just use the WordPress database schema.

Hope that helps. Let me know if not and I can elaborate.

Lorenzo

Ahhh, I think I understand. So you’re recommending I either create a plugin or template which uses the tribe_create_event function? That actually seems a LOT easier than SQL calls and I’m a little embarrassed I didn’t think of that.
    If you have a recommendation (plugin, template,?) I would very much appreciate it.
    Regardless, thank you for the feedback! I really appreciate it.

Rob

Correct. That would probably be your best bet. I checked with the dev team and they admittedly didn’t have anything they could specifically offer up. That said, by our estimate, a skilled dev here with 2 hours of their time could probably build something that did the trick nicely on this end.

Hope that helps and sorry I couldn’t offer more. If you have other questions, please do let me know. Thanks again for your interest.

Dave

Rob, I am looking at directly adding events to the database via sql and a different database as a backend that is resident on my computer. I need the backend database for other purposes, but want to sync with the web Events Calendar too. If there is an sql script for import, or better yet, a way to directly create events via mysql, that would be ideal.
    Are you saying you use standard ‘posts’ for the different events in Events Calendar? Hopefully I am making sense here…

Rob

Hey Dave. Thanks for the follow-up here; we are definitely looking at something along those lines (as this request comes up more often than you’d think), but at the moment there isn’t really any route to accomplishing this beyond building something custom.

The Events in the calendar themselves are a custom post type. I believe that answers your last question here but let me know if not.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘CSV Importing in 3.0’ is closed to new replies.