.csv import file takes first location from venue list regardless of location

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO .csv import file takes first location from venue list regardless of location

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Krista
    Participant

I reported another issue regarding event import overwriting events.

Further investigation has revealed another issue – the .csv import is always updating the imported records with the first venue from my venue list. To test the theory I created a venue called ‘1’ so it would be a the top, imported my UTF8 file and even though the import file had different locations, they were all updated to reflect location ‘1’. Thoughts?

Krista
    Participant

You can see in this import file – the venue A’Nowara’Ko Wa Arena exists on a few entries. However, every location in the import is updated to this value. Again, I can reproduce this by creating venue ‘1’, importing the file and the location ‘1’ will appear on all imported items.

Nico

Hi Krista,

Glad to be helping you here as well!

As stated in my previous reply, I’m also experiencing these issues with csv files you sent. My guess is it might be due to a formatting issue.

Are you importing venues before importing events? Are all the venues being created after the venue import? The later is not happening to me so I’m investigating the cause.

As with the other issue, please give me some time to dig into the plugin code and see what’s going internally. I’ll also try to see if I can find any formatting issues that might be causing this.

Best,
    Nico

Krista
    Participant

Thanks Nico,

Yes – venues were imported before events. Oddly, I had imported them about a month ago and all was well at that time. Newly imported events were grabbing the proper venue name (I’m wondering if this is new behavior since the most recent update??).

I can create a new venue manually now called ‘1’ and the import of new events will default to that record for venue regardless of the fact that the other venues are already existing in the DB.

Kris

Habib
    Participant

I’m having the exact same issue too.. No matter what my venue and organizer names are.. it will always default to assigning the first ones listed within the database… very wrong time for this to be happening :'(

Nico

Hey Habib,

I’ve already sent an update on this to Krista on another thread she opened. Basically there’s seems to be a bug in the CSV importer, which I suspect might be related to the WP 4.5 update.

Can you confirm which version of WordPress and of our plugins you are using?

I’ll be running some extensive tests tomorrow on the importer to try to identify the bug, and I’ll let you know.

Best,
    Nico

Habib
    Participant

I knew it!!!

I can definitely confirm that it’s the wordpress 4.5 that’s causing the issue because I have a local copy of my site on my local home server and the importer works fine (running on wp 4.4.2)… i’ll backup my local copy and upgrade to wp 4.5 and see if the issue comes up on my local machine or not and let you know.

PS: running Events Calendar Version 4.1.2 on both local and live site

Thanks!!

Scott
    Participant

I am getting the EXACT same thing happening. Migrated my site to a VPS for a more controlled test with same results.

WP, themes, and plugins are all updated.

I rely on this feature heavily. CSV import was one to the two features that I require for my project which lead me to choose this plugin and loosing CSV import would be very bad.

Thanks

Habib
    Participant

I reverted my live site back to WP 4.4.2 and now the import works fine. I’m not upgrading to 4.5 until there is a fix.

Nico

Hi Habib, Scott & Kista,

Thanks for the patience here! We could finally identify the bug affecting the CSV importer, which indeed is related to the WordPress update 4.5. (Thanks Habib for confirming as well).

A fix for this is already under QA and will be included in the upcoming maintenance release 4.1.3 coming out next week. If this is critical for your project, you can downgrade WordPress to version 4.4.x until the fix for this is released.

I’ve set this thread to ‘Pending Fix’ status and also attached it to our internal ticket for this bug. When the fix gets released we will let you know about it.

Have a great weekend,
    Nico

Nico

Hi there,

Just wanted to inform that maintenance release 4.1.3 is out. The update includes a fix for this issue.

Please update the plugins to the latest version and re-test to see if the fix works for you.

Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘.csv import file takes first location from venue list regardless of location’ is closed to new replies.