Critical bug: WooCommerce ticket quantity input resets to zero in 4.1

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Critical bug: WooCommerce ticket quantity input resets to zero in 4.1

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    James
    Participant

When using Event Tickets Plus version 4.1, users attempting to change the quantity of the WooCommerce tickets will have their value reset to zero after the text box loses focus, making it impossible to purchase tickets. You can reproduce this by adding a ticket to any taxonomy type using the default settings.

This behaviour is present on a fresh install of WordPress using the latest version, 4.4.2, with WooCommerce 2.5.5 and Event Tickets 4.1. Downgrading Event Tickets Plus to 4.0.5 solves the problem. Peculiarly, Event Tickets Plus 4.1 works with Event Tickets 4.0.6 despite not being able to add WooCommerce tickets using this combination, displaying standard the WooCommerce interface as opposed to Event Tickets’ one. I have not tested with The Events Calendar installed in that scenario. Downgrading WooCommerce to 2.5.4 does not solve the issue. It is still present using version 4.4.1 of WordPress.

Barry

Hi James,

Interesting problem. Can you point me to a live example? I was unable to reproduce locally – though here is what I tried:

• Activated only the latest versions of Event Tickets, Event Tickets Plus and WooCommerce
    • Enabled tickets for pages
    • Added a WooCommerce ticket to a new page
    • I did not experience a problem whereby the quantity was reset after the selector lost focus

Am I approaching this from the wrong angle at all? Or, if not, have you been able to try out our standard troubleshooting steps?

Let me know!

James
    Participant

You can check the development domain I specified in the thread’s private information. It mostly has the default content. This issue is theme independent; I have tried with Avada and Twenty-Fourteen through Sixteen. I covered the plugin configurations I tested in the initial post, however you can verify it with the private system information I provided. It is consistent across browsers too, present in Internet Explorer 11, Google Chrome 49 and iOS Safari 9.

Clearing my browser’s cache appeared to solve the problem at first. However, it didn’t always, and I believe that it only appeared fixed because changing the value before the page completely loads doesn’t make it reset.

My initial tests showed it happening on The Events Calendar’s events and posts, and I was able to trigger it on pages too after seeing your reply. Furthermore, I’ve experienced this on two different installations of WordPress, which includes the one I set up specifically to investigate this bug.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by James. Reason: Removed domain
    Barry

Hi James,

Thanks for persevering, I see the problem now (which seems to occur when no stock limit is applied to the tickets).

As an interim solution, could you apply a stock limit (you could set it to a very high value like 100000 and, if necessary, hide the remaining stock count via CSS – let me know if you need assistance on that front).

I’ll go ahead and file a bug report for this.

James
    Participant

Confirming that adding a stock level fixes the issue. I modified the configuration on my test domain using your solution, however I will wait for a plugin update before moving away from 4.0.5 on my other installation. I see the issue is actually that Event Tickets Plus prevents users from ordering more than the available stock, which is desirable unless the intention is for there to be no stock limit, thus causing the system to think the user is trying to make an order when out of stock.

Thank you very much for verifying the issue and logging a report for it. I will mark this as resolved when the patched version releases.

Barry

Thanks for your patience and understanding here, James.

I’ve linked this forum topic to the bug report on our internal tracker and – as soon as a substantive fix becomes available – we’ll do our best to post an update in here.

In the meantime, I’ll mark this as pending fix.

Jeri
    Participant

I am having the same problem. I don’t want to change the number to a large number because I am selling spots in a camp and don’t want people to think there are that many spots. Any other suggestions?

Barry

Hi Jeri,

So one trick you could employ (to avoid people seeing an unrealistically large number) is hiding the count via CSS. Example:

.woocommerce .tribe-tickets-remaining { display: none }

You could follow the steps recommended in the Themer’s Guide by adding this to a new stylesheet located as follows:

wp-content/themes/YOURTHEME/tribe-events/tribe-events.css

Or alternatively you could use JetPack or some other custom CSS plugin to put it in place. Might that help?

James
    Participant

Following up to confirm that version 4.1.1 of Event Tickets fixes this issue. Thank you for your work and for referencing this thread in the release notes.

Barry

Happy to help and thank you for bearing with us while we addressed this 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close out this topic, but please don’t hesitate to create new ones as needed should anything else crop up.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Critical bug: WooCommerce ticket quantity input resets to zero in 4.1’ is closed to new replies.