Control of custom fields in event display

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Control of custom fields in event display

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Neil Stamps

I’m looking for an events calendar for our website that will allow users to create events – which I can see through the community plugin we can do that, and also have custom fields – which I can see the pro version has.

However, we are looking to have custom data submitted by the users what will not be displayed on the website. In our case we are looking at creating sporting events – and the organisers would need to provide risk assessments that would be used as part of the approval process – but we would not display these potentially large fields on the website.

Is this something that is available on the custom fields – i.e. is there a setting that can control which display the custom field would be using in?

Thanks

Caroline

Hi Neil,

Thanks so much for stopping by and having a look at our plugins! As you’ve correctly noted here, you can use the additional fields functionality provided by Events Calendar PRO to add fields to be displayed on your Community Events form. If you’d like to hide the display of one or more on these fields on your actual events, this snippet should do the trick–simply add this bit of code to your theme’s functions.php file.

https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/5cab6fd1782ece2e5e6415b2ff1660cc

I hope that helps! Thanks again, and let me know if you should have any other questions! 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Control of custom fields in event display’ is closed to new replies.