Continued time zone problems–Imported via .ics file

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Continued time zone problems–Imported via .ics file

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Teri Inman
    Participant

I don’t know what the problem is but I’m importing a feed from our ServiceU calendar/reservation system. This is the link to one of the feeds we are using, http://api.serviceu.com/rest/events/occurrences?departmentIds=69985&nextDays=300&orgKey=d2ce7f80-931f-44f2-ad5f-d994c0997643&format=iCal.

The times displaying during the preview and after import are wrong. I’m running in a local environment. Theme is 2016 and the ONLY plugins installed are EC, EC Pro and Filter Bar.

I’ve turned this in before and gotten no help or anything that would make it seem like you tried to recreate the problem. Please help. We purchased EC in August and have yet to take advantage of this recent update.

Ugh, I have to revert to 2014 theme?

Barry

Hi Teri,

I’m sorry to hear you’ve hit up against problems.

I can replicate exactly the same thing and it appears to be a bug: I’ll get this logged and we’ll do our best to get a fix out as quickly as we can.

Thank you for reporting this and our apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Teri Inman
    Participant

Going on 3 weeks since I’ve heard from you so I’m wondering if there is an update on fixing this bug?

Barry

Hi Teri,

I’m sorry to say we haven’t yet been able to progress this specific issue — but rest assured we’ll do our best to post an update here in this support topic as soon as there is some news to share 🙂

Thanks for your support and patience in the meantime.

Teri Inman
    Participant

Two weeks since I’ve heard anything from you and five weeks since I reported the problem. Apparently a week will be lost during your retreat next week. Any closer to getting this corrected? Am I the only one needing this fixed? Such. Slow. Service. Especially for a known issue.

Barry

I’m sorry for the further delay on this one, Teri.

Unfortunately we were unable to squeeze the fix in this time round. Bear with us a little longer and we’ll do our best to roll out a fix 🙂

Barry

This reply is private.

Teri Inman
    Participant

Thank you for extending the license. Hope to have a fix released soon so I can take advantage of this sooner rather than later. I haven’t installed EA on my production site because it’s useless for our organization without adjusting for UTC and correctly importing start and end times.

I would appreciate any kind of timeline on this. While this thread is still open and the bug has been acknowledged, I ALSO reported the bug in October 2016, shortly after the EA was released. In my October thread (available here, https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/please-fix-timezone-offset/#post-1180104), I also included a link to one of the calendar feeds, and Cliff initially indicated that the problem would be fixed soon and my thread would be marked Pending Fix. THEN, on November 4, Geoff said that the DST bug could not be replicated and the thread was closed shortly following. I have no idea WHY Geoff thought my issue was related to DST. It’s not. It’s related to UTC and timezone adjustments.

Increasingly frustrated over here and disappointed in your support and development teams.

Barry

Hi Teri,

Your feelings and sense of frustration are entirely understandable. We have actively been progressing this bug though and will continue to do so until a fix is delivered.

That can take some time and I realize that coupled with your support experience has left you disappointed, but hang in there and we’ll do our best to move this to completion.

Teri Inman
    Participant

Any updates? Puh-leeze?

I got your email indicating that version 4.5 is soon to be released. I checked the April maintenance releases and nothing related to EA fixes is posted. Please, please, please.

Barry

Hi Teri, I do have an update: we’ve been working on this and it looks like initial tests are passing: we hope to deploy the fix soon.

Do note however that this won’t ship in an updated version of The Events Calendar, as the source of the problem was within the Event Aggregator service rather than the code running within your local WordPress installation.

Thanks so much for your patience – almost there now!

Teri Inman
    Participant

Thank you Barry. I understand this fix is not part of a downloadable plugin or add-on. I trust you’ll send an email or reply to this support thread when the fix is deployed. Appreciate the update and look forward to the deployment.

Barry

I trust you’ll send an email or reply to this support thread when the fix is deployed.

Absolutely. This topic has been linked to the bug report (on our internal tracker) and, as soon as it has been resolved, we’ll update this and any similarly linked support topics.

Teri Inman
    Participant

Barry’s response on April 28 implied that a fix would deploy soon. I feel like my definition of soon varies significantly from that of TEC. Any further update with a better definition of when this release might deploy? It’s been nearly one month since I heard the word “soon”. And, it’s over 3 months since I reported the issue.

Barry

Hi! We did actually deploy a fix – unfortunately, as is apparent, we failed to post an update here and in a few other forum topics.

If you’re still hitting this issue, though, please do let us know.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Continued time zone problems–Imported via .ics file’ is closed to new replies.